ncpappy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Need map edit reviewed

Have a road name edit pending, and it's been pending for a few weeks now. How can I get someone to review my suggested edit? 

It's significant because a  health service is unwilling to visit a relative since Google maps does not find the address without the correct road name.  Please let me know what steps to take. 

Durham, NC, USA
3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Google Moderator
Solution

Re: Need map edit reviewed

Hello @ncpappy ,

Thank you for reaching out.

The Google algorithms analyse different factors, such as the information submitted, the location of the input, your mapping activity, and other factors to make sure everything added to the map is accurate and follows our guidelines. 

There are regions around the world where there simply is not enough information for some edits to come through successfully or immediately and it certainly has nothing to do with you personally. The more information you (or other Local Guides) collect about a place gives your input a better chance of getting through.

If you haven't checked this post, feel free to do it, as it lays down different aspects, which I'm sure you'll find helpful!

P.S. Keep in mind I relabeled your post to How-tos as the answer in your post could be useful to others.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Level 9

@ncpappy It is better if you ask this question at " How-tos" by tagging a moderator. Hope they can give you the right answer. Thanks. 

Google Moderator
Solution

Hello @ncpappy ,

Thank you for reaching out.

The Google algorithms analyse different factors, such as the information submitted, the location of the input, your mapping activity, and other factors to make sure everything added to the map is accurate and follows our guidelines. 

There are regions around the world where there simply is not enough information for some edits to come through successfully or immediately and it certainly has nothing to do with you personally. The more information you (or other Local Guides) collect about a place gives your input a better chance of getting through.

If you haven't checked this post, feel free to do it, as it lays down different aspects, which I'm sure you'll find helpful!

P.S. Keep in mind I relabeled your post to How-tos as the answer in your post could be useful to others.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Maps can't really help with what a 3rd party chooses to do @ncpappy 

In your case, while waiting for the edit I would recommend taking the person who needs care to the doctor or providing the doctor with appropriate written directions to reach the patient.

Paul