MoniDi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: My first visit to Warsaw

Hi @MoniDi,

Very well-written article and amazing pictures. I've read a lot about Warsaw - mainly with respect to Industrial revolution and that era. I didn't know it has so beautiful buildings and museums. I think it is the perfect place for History lover people like me.

I think the shots taken during evening time would have been much better, as the sunlight was quite bright in some pictures. Have you taken any pictures of night time?

And how was the weather there - it seems not much hot out there.

Connect Moderator

Thank you @MoniDi 

I love Poland, but Warszawa was always a not very beautiful town for me. 

Your Post is making me change this. I need to go there soon for a weekend I believe.

Really nice photos as you was lucky with the weather.

@JustynaMad @AniaKiser , maybe as well a nice post for you .

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 7

Warsaw is a beautiful city! I enjoyed my stay there!

Level 9

You were lucky @MoniDi with such a beautiful weather! Warsaw can be friendly and nice. Next time I recommend you to visit  The Warsaw Rising Museum, Copernicus Center of Science , spend a while on the City beach by Vistula or watch a horse race at Tor Sluzewiec . Hugs from Poland 🙂

Google Moderator

Hello @Tushar18 ,

Thank you for reading my post. If you are a History lover and you like visiting museums, then I would recommend you to visit The National Museum in Warsaw. You will find various exhibitions there. Another great place is The Royal Castle in Warsaw - my favourite thing there that I was able to marvel at some beautiful China porcelain sets. If you plan a trip to Warsaw, I am sure that you will also like the Museum of Modern Art as well as several others which I didn't have the time to visit this time. There's a reason to return to the Polish capital.

When it comes to the weather, it was rather hot but keep in mind that I went there during the summer, hence the bright photos. 

I managed to take one good night photo with my phone. I was walking in the city center when I captured it.

Caption: A night photo of the Palace of Science and Culture in Warsaw and the surrounding buildings. (Local Guide @MoniDi)Caption: A night photo of the Palace of Science and Culture in Warsaw and the surrounding buildings. (Local Guide @MoniDi)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Hey @TorM ,

Thanks for checking my post. I used to think that visiting a city only once is enough. I quickly changed my mind because the experience is different every time. Perhaps, you should visit Warsaw, maybe in the summer, and then you will share if you liked it or not. 🙂

Good luck with planning a new adventure!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Google Moderator

Wow @AniaKiser

Thank you for the great recommendations! Let's hope that I will be able to go there once again and visit all these nice places. Which is your favourite?

Level 7

As an urban planner I am always amazed by the very neat building. Thank you @MoniDi  for showing awesome photos😉😉.

Level 9

@MoniDi "Must see" place is The Warsaw Rising Museum , where you can see and almost feel the battle to save the city and how brave Warsaw people were fighting for freedom. 

Level 8

Hi @MoniDi,

Thank you very much for the reply and describing about these wonderful museums. I completely agree with you that there's so much to see in the Polish capital. I can see that all these museums are near to each other - and all of them closer to the Vistula River. I suppose it could be the age-old vintage town and so, I think even the streets there and those old houses would have much to offer too.

Walking in those streets which were a part of a historical significance is a mesmerizing feeling.

The night picture is really lovely, with a good contrast of night sky. I would definitely love to visit Warsaw sometime in the future.

Thanks again for showcasing about this city. 😊