AvelManansala's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My Tiny Planets Story (#TheLittlePrinceProject)

Since I was a child, I have always been fascinated with the book, The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint- Exupery. I loved images of the Little Prince while going around his home, a tiny asteroid. I have wanted to be like him, commandeering my own tiny planet.The Little Prince Book CoverThe Little Prince Book Cover

In 2016, I begun sharing 360 Photos on Google Maps and Street View, using a borrowed 360 cam.  My diligence immediately earned me a Street View Trusted Photographer badge. Todate, here are my stats from the Street View app, below.Avel Manansala's Street View app STATSAvel Manansala's Street View app STATS

My love affair with Tiny Planets however, started as soon as I got my very own 360 camera, the Ricoh Theta V, from the generous Street View Team, during the Connect Live 2018 last year. I decided to do more than just uploading 360 photos & videos on Google Maps and so my #TheLittlePrinceProject was born.

The Theta+ app, which is the camera's 360 Editing Companion app, allowed me to create photospheres or Tiny Planets. With this, I can be my version of The Little Prince I have always wanted to be. In January this year, I uploaded my first Tiny Planet on my Instagram and other social media accounts.Tiny Planet of the General Santos Shrine, with my supportive partner, PlanetMan, Mars.Tiny Planet of the General Santos Shrine, with my supportive partner, PlanetMan, Mars.

The feedback was encouraging and so I converted other 360 images of some iconic places of General Santos City and neighboring areas into Tiny Planets and shared them online. Here are a few other samples.My bug look at the Sunflower Farm of Tupi, South Cotabato.My bug look at the Sunflower Farm of Tupi, South Cotabato.

Queen Tuna Park, General Santos CityQueen Tuna Park, General Santos CityThe Gensan Fun giant signage at SM.City General SantosThe Gensan Fun giant signage at SM.City General SantosThe 50-year.old Clock Tower at Pioneer Avenue, General Santos City.The 50-year.old Clock Tower at Pioneer Avenue, General Santos City.The old Batulaki Lighthouse at Big Margus, Glan, Sarangani ProvinceThe old Batulaki Lighthouse at Big Margus, Glan, Sarangani ProvinceCrossing the Celebes Sea, in Glan, Sarangani Province.Crossing the Celebes Sea, in Glan, Sarangani Province.The Grand Fireworks Display at the culmination of the 2019 Kalilangan Festival of General Santos CityThe Grand Fireworks Display at the culmination of the 2019 Kalilangan Festival of General Santos CityAt the City Oval Plaza with Kalilangan Festival StreetdancersAt the City Oval Plaza with Kalilangan Festival Streetdancers

I was so fascinated with the outcome that I totally devoted my Instagram as my #TheLittlePrinceProject canvass. I also used the hashtags #GensanIn360 to highlight my beloved hometown.

Here's what my Instagram feed looks like now and am sooo lovin' it.Avel Manansala's #TheLittlePrinceProject at his Instagram FeedAvel Manansala's #TheLittlePrinceProject at his Instagram Feed

I also blogged about it in my blog, Gensan News Online Mag.

How about you? Are you into #TinyPlanets too? Do you also have a similar #TheLittlePrinceProject? Would love to hear from you.

And with that, am leaving you with this quote from The Little Prince:

"What matters most are the simple pleasures so abundant that we can all enjoy them...Happiness doesn't lie in the objects we gather around us. To find it, all we need to do is open our eyes.”

General Santos City, South Cotabato, Philippines
1 comment
Level 8

Re: My Tiny Planets Story (#TheLittlePrinceProject)

ohh lawrd, these photos are so beautiful! I really loved that one, you with the sunflower! Loved it most. And, the others are very cool too! 
Really enjoyed this post. All the best wishes. ❤️