fasi6083's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My Hajj Journey, Post #1: Performing Umrah and Embracing Devotion

My Hajj experience has been an incredible journey of faith and devotion. I chose to perform Hajj Al-Tamattu, which is one of the three types of Hajj. The other two types are Qiran and Ifrad. Hajj Al-Tamattu involves performing Umrah first and then joining the local Hajj agency to complete the remaining rituals of Hajj. Upon arriving in Makkah, I made my way to the magnificent Masjid Al-Haram on the 6th of Dhul Hajj to perform Umrah. The procedure of Umrah began with entering the state of Ihram, a sacred state of purity and devotion. I donned the prescribed attire, consisting of two white seamless garments for men and modest clothing for women. As I entered the Masjid Al-Haram, I felt an overwhelming sense of awe and tranquility. I circumambulated the Kaaba seven times in a counterclockwise direction, known as Tawaf. The Kaaba, the holiest mosque in Islam, stood as a symbol of unity and the focal point of my worship. After completing Tawaf, I proceeded to perform Sa'i, which involved walking briskly between the hills of Safa and Marwa seven times. This commemorates the story of Hājar, the wife of Prophet Ibrahim (peace be upon him), searching for water for her son Ismail (peace be upon him). With the completion of Sa'i, the first part of Umrah came to an end. I then shaved my head or trimmed my hair, symbolizing the completion of this sacred ritual. At this point, I exited the state of Ihram and resumed my normal daily activities until the time for the Hajj rituals. Having completed Umrah, I joined a local Hajj agency to perform the remaining rituals of Hajj, which I will share in future posts. It is worth mentioning that obtaining a Hajj permit is compulsory for residents living in Saudi Arabia. As I traveled from Jeddah to Makkah via the Metro train, the security personnel diligently checked the permits of all the Hajj pilgrims before and after leaving the train, ensuring a safe and organized experience for everyone. My Hajj journey was filled with gratitude for the opportunity to partake in this remarkable spiritual pilgrimage. Stay tuned for more updates on the rest of my Hajj experience in the coming posts.

KFUPM, Technology Transfer Executive
Makkah Saudi Arabia
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: My Hajj Journey, Post #1: Performing Umrah and Embracing Devotion

@fasi6083 

One of my biggest dreams is Hajj to Makkah and Madinah. Here in Indonesia enthusiasm for hajj is very high so the waiting list for hajj even can be more than 20 years.

Level 10

I understand that the waiting list for Hajj is very long in Indonesia @Nyainurjanah . However, I encourage you to stay hopeful and to continue to prepare for Hajj. I wish you get the chance to perform Hajj soon even if you are on a long waiting list. I wish you all the best in your journey to Makkah and Madinah.

KFUPM, Technology Transfer Executive
Level 7

Thank you for sharing your incredible Hajj experience with us. It's truly a journey of faith and devotion. Performing Umrah in the magnificent Masjid Al-Haram must have been awe-inspiring. 

Nicholai Martin/Nick M
@HeyitsNicho