RamboRazor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My Favorite Color is Green after this happened to Me

My love for going out to events all around the town is always high.

Live Music events at monuments, Public Conferences on general topics, Seasonal events that goes around festive times, meeting people at ceremonies, office parties, parties at friends' place are only few of the different genres of gathering I like to be part of. But the gatherings really special and close to my heart are Meetups, we as a Google Local Guide organize or attend.

Parties-Meetups-GatheringsParties-Meetups-Gatherings

Adding places, pictures, videos, reviews together with our LG gang on a meetup are common initiatives we take to improve the listings around us. These are highly impactful to all the people who visit an outlet after reading a review on Google Maps, getting a glimpse of the place based on the pictures uploaded, getting a vibe through the videos uploaded by the mass. I have been part of multiple such meet-ups all around Delhi-NCR.

Ohh, wait a second!! Have you heard about Delhi-NCR being one of the most polluted capitals of the world? Also, a capital with one of the worst AQI (Air Quality Index) across globe during most time of the year?

I take it as yes, you might have heard about it many a times. So, How are we coping up with this ?

Government of India and Government of Delhi has taken many initiatives in past years and we can see the improvement. But, that's the official part of addressing the problem. Government is quite proactive and taking steps to reduce the issue. But do you think this is enough?

No, for sure people of the city, and around play a greater and more responsible role compared to the govt initiatives. People have all the rights to use the land, water and air to meet their everyday needs. And I strongly believe they have all the duties in rightful manner to give back to the society to help it sustain longer for the generations to come.

Being such a huge group of people, we Google Local Guides help businesses to grow to the utmost potentials by bringing right information to the masses. Similarly, we can and should contribute in giving back to the society for a cleaner environment. Such noble cause was recently taken up by the Delhi Google LG Community to organize a "Make India Green - Tree Plantation Drive" at one of the parks in New Delhi.

The Tree Plantation Drive was organized to plant more and more saplings in the park to increase the green cover of Delhi. The more the green cover, the cleaner would be the air of Delhi, better would be the health of the people living in Delhi. So, to accomplish such noble cause, we the Google LGs gathered at one place to contribute as much as possible. Well, the most interesting part of this meetup was that the LGs not just from Delhi gathered at the event but many LGs did come from the neighboring states of Delhi like Haryana, Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Rajasthan and even Tamil Nadu which is not at all so close to visit.

Our Guru, our mentor and most lovingly, our all time Guide @TravellerG , traveled all the way to Delhi for the event. The event, the people and the enthusiasm encouraged me to be part of this drive. A lot of my fellow friends LGs like @ReshamDas , @IshantHP_ig, @BunnyAyush , @Alphee  and many many more also participated.

Many Thanks to @AmbrishVarshney  and @JMD9  (Prakash Ji) for hosting amazing initiative.

Along with this super cool idea we all enjoyed delicious Chhole Bhature and LGs were provided with hundreds small plants to be kept at home.
I would like to show how these cute beautiful sapling have grown into now and carrying some Gorgeous flowers.

Well, this was the first Supported Google Meet up organized in India and the second one organized globally.

Make India Green - Tree PLantation Drive, New DelhiMake India Green - Tree PLantation Drive, New Delhi

My Flower Garden at HomeMy Flower Garden at Home

Who says it just the businesses get a helping hand through Local guides and meetups, ultimately its the nature, mankind and everyone who gets benefited at the end.

Local Guides program means to me a complete all round development of the society.

Cleaner and Greener Planet.
A place to assist in activities to make this mother earth a better place.
An initiative that brings everyone together irrespective of race or anything.
A group of people who feel empowered to bring a change.
An institution of people on a drive to unite the planet and grow.

How do you see these meetups my dear google team @sonnyNg@TraciC @RadieN ?

New Delhi, Delhi, India
26 comments
Level 10

Re: My Favorite Color is Green after this happened to Me

Nice and happy to know about your efforts brother. God bless you

Level 8

Thanks @amandhayal 

Yeah, that's a collaborative effort we are trying to make. Hope to see more and more such engagements.

May the happiness Dwell.

Level 9

Superb initiative. With help of 175 societies of Gurgaon in 2 to 3 years we were able to plant more than 20k saplings and ensured they grow up be be trees. Great initiative. Now that I am part of LG Community, I'll definitely participate in such events/meet-ups.

Connect Moderator

Hello @RamboRazor it looks like your post was accidentally caught in our spamfilter (which is pretty strict here; it can be triggered even by simply making edits to a recently published post). I have now released it from the spam folder.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

Namaskar..

@RamboRazor 

Your effort showing here, thanks for Sharing your work..

Level 8

That is definitely commendable work @PrakharSahay.

Hope to see more such activities coming up in the near future. Do share whenever you plan more such activities.

Thanks 

Level 8

Level 8

Namaskar @Shrut19 🙏

Thanks for appreciating the effort. Looking forward to see more of such activities in future and hope you visit us to take part as well. 🙂

Level 7

Woow really you have done good job sir...Keep us motivating with your works