Ambreen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: My Adventurous trip to Gulmarg Kashmir :)

Amazing post @Ambreen I went to Gulmarg a few years ago, and i still remember skiing up to the LoC it was really amazing. This post brings back all the memories!

Level 8

Hey thanks, @Ruxellan, it makes me happy that you found it helpful 🙂 thank you for your kind words.  

Regards

@Ambreen 

Blog | Instagram

Level 8

@lucianavelasques thank you so much dear 🙂

Have a lovely day!

Regards

@Ambreen 

Blog | Instagram

Level 8

Hi @Radjasitanggang that is such a motivating comment, it made me really happy 😄 and I am glad you found the post interesting. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Regards

@Ambreen 

Blog | Instagram

Level 8

Hi @br14n 

I am glad you enjoyed reading the journey.

That's very sweet of you, thank you so much for your kind words 🙂

Have a lovely day!

Regards

@Ambreen 

Blog | Instagram

Level 8

Hi @KeyurKariya 

Wow, that is so cool. Thank you for your kind words. Gulmarg is a really beautiful place, you have any pictures from your trip? 😄 do feel free to share.

Regards

@Ambreen 

Blog | Instagram

Level 10

@Ambreen  liked your post a lot!  what an experience!!!!

Former Google Contributor

Thank you for sharing your post with the Community @Ambreen. I wouldn't say that -14C is that cold. The coldest temperature I felt in my life was -30, and you cannot feel your body. I'm glad that you've enjoyed your trip and mastered your fears. What was the most interesting part for you?

Due to the volume of private messages Google moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 8

Thank you so much @marcorp so glad you liked it 🙂

Level 8

OMG @VasT What? - 30 hahaha oh dear how did you manage that? 😄 unbelievable. Where was this place? I was shivering in -14 😄 

I think there were many interesting things from my journey be it interacting with the real Army men, the historic stories shared by local people or to experience a different new culture but the topmost would be to visit the Indian Institute of Skiing and mountaineering and to learn how big winter sports are in the valley. It was alot of fun to watch sports enthusiasts practice and show us some amazing stunts. 

Each year there are world-class competitions which take place and we discovered that it is one of the cheapest places to learn skiing in the world. I found their local cuisine very interesting too, Kashmiri cuisine is very different from regular indian food. It had alot of Iranian (Persian) cuisine influence. I discovered new flavors, local spices, I loved entering their kitchens to explore traditional cooking style, and their Qahwa (Kahwa) Therapeutic tea is so soothing. It had indian spices, saffron, and chopped nuts. Loved that traditional tea 🙂 Thanks for asking.

Regards