YerlanB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Museums, Universities, Bridges etc: Who checks them?

Hello!

My question is: Do people who check edits of Museums, Universities, Bridges, Parks, Theaters, Squares and similar government or municipal objects are different from people checking shops, restaurants and bars?

In many cases my edits are Not Applied immediately. Sometimes they are In Reviews for long time. 

Do Google Maps employs special people for these Special places?

Almaty, Almaty Province, Kazakhstan
3 comments
Level 8

Re: Museums, Universities, Bridges etc: Who checks them?

Hi ! @YerlanB

I don't know the exact method Google employs to verify edits however I believe one of those is through the "Check the facts" things where other google maps users verify the edits done to a particular place.

In my experience, review of my edits has also been delayed but eventually, all edits go through so I would recommend that wait patiently.

And yes, people do check edits for universities, museums etc. 

Cheers!

Level 10

I tried to edits (and add) Russian names for some places in New York. I made maybe 50 edits but only 1 or 2 were approved... For those who know English and Russian, many Russian names there have no sense but my improvements are denied almost automatically.

Level 8

Same thing had happened to me too and a lot of my edits, particularly where I corrected the name in Hindi language are lying pending for weeks....