sunnydays's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Mouthwatering and memorable food

When you've worked like a Trojan and braved the commute home after a long day, it's such a great treat to go out for dinner and have someone else prepare a tasty meal for you to enjoy.  I relish the thought that all the thinking, planning and cooking is done for you and then even better, someone else clears the dishes and does the washing up! 

Knowing that you can turn to Google for reliable reviews of local venues is great.  When you're tired and hungry, you want to be sure you're going out somewhere with great food and seamless service.  I like to share my foodie experiences as a Google guide to make Google maps even better, giving even more people the confidence to try out new places. It feels good to help small businesses 'get on the map' so to speak by highlighting them with a good review.

On this post I'm sharing photos of two delicious meals I've enjoyed recently at two venues local to me.   This three course meal was bursting with flavour and texture .. a joy to eat, at The Ivy, Clifton Village.  It's a vintage chic style brasserie with excellent service and lively atmosphere. This is an ideal place to go for a celebration meal, my husband and I savoured this meal last Spring.

Raw local market salad - full of flavour and crunchy textureRaw local market salad - full of flavour and crunchy texture

Shepherd's Pie, rich flavour with tasty chunks of lambShepherd's Pie, rich flavour with tasty chunks of lamb

delicious chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse, very rich but not heavydelicious chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse, very rich but not heavy

It's always a treat to eat at The Bowl, Almondsbury.  It's a traditional English village pub with a relaxed atmosphere.  They serve home cooked pub classics and specials.  It's always busy with swift service and the staff are very friendly.  This is a great place to go to unwind.  It's family orientated and it's not unusual to see large family groups eating together.  We also ate here a couple of years ago on the day we moved house.  It was great to know that at the end of a hectic day as we sat amongst our boxed possessions that we could head over to the Bowl for a relaxing dinner experience.   

traditional English Inn with rustic beams and cosy winter firestraditional English Inn with rustic beams and cosy winter fires

Ham hock with garlic bread & salad, packed with flavour!Ham hock with garlic bread & salad, packed with flavour!

Beef and ale pie with cheddar mashBeef and ale pie with cheddar mash

inside the pie! rich tasting chunks of beef and ale with gravyinside the pie! rich tasting chunks of beef and ale with gravy

I hope my Google contributions inspire users to try new places to eat, drink and enjoy life!

1 comment
Level 10

Re: Mouthwatering and memorable food

Wow @sunnydays the texture of that salad is just fantastic. And you're right; it looks mouthwatering and the type that would be memorable.

Love for Food and Landscape photography