Aа's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Most of my changes get automatically rejected. Even though I enter the correct, and verified dat

No dearest don't give up easily.  May be get a new one or lates photos and make it good value in such of people ever been or around by its name and place according to the address accurately. Give all you really sure. Keep on working on it. I wish you luck keep it up.

Level 5

Re: Most of my changes get automatically rejected. Even though I enter the correct, and verified dat

@Ritaeyan,

Hi there..I believe that a solution has been accepted for this thread.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 3

Hi!

I would like to add that Google might be interested in having an item related to Photos where it would say "outdated information" or something like that.
Even though I'm quite new as a contributor to the Local Guides program, when I'm taking pictures of businesses there are times when the business owner comes ask me if I can remove old pictures that have an incorrect or older store front, wrong phone numbers on the picture and, in one case, a picture someone took with a cell where the store was closed and a homeless person was sleeping in front of it.
As you might guess, that doesn't  do much good to his business! He even told me "I advertise with them but I can't do anything about those pictures", and then proceeded to show me the offending images.

I marked them as "not helpful for understanding the business" but since then, as I've started doing a massive imagery update to three whole neighborhoods in Rio, I've been noticing how fast the city changes and how the current Maps system is not actually capable of dealing with that.  

I do understand some of the challenges involved in 'crowdsource-mapping the whole world', but since Google's business does depend on the relative happiness of businesses owners and I'm trying to figure out a way to contribute AND take the opportunity to present my professional business services to said owners, I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

Thanks for reading!  

Level 3

Hi!

I would like to add that Google might be interested in having an item related to Photos where it would say "outdated information" or something like that.
Even though I'm quite new as a contributor to the Local Guides program, when I'm taking pictures of businesses there are times when the business owner comes ask me if I can remove old pictures that have an incorrect or older store front, wrong phone numbers on the picture and, in one case, a picture someone took with a cell where the store was closed and a homeless person was sleeping in front of it.
As you might guess, that doesn't  do much good to his business! He even told me "I advertise with them but I can't do anything about those pictures", and then proceeded to show me the offending images.

I marked them as "not helpful for understanding the business" but since then, as I've started doing a massive imagery update to three whole neighborhoods in Rio, I've been noticing how fast the city changes and how the current Maps system is not actually capable of dealing with that.  

I do understand some of the challenges involved in 'crowdsource-mapping the whole world', but since Google's business does depend on the relative happiness of businesses owners and I'm trying to figure out a way to contribute AND take the opportunity to present my professional business services to said owners, I'd be glad to help in any way I can.

Thanks for reading!  

Level 5

@CarlosI,

Well said mate!Keep at it.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 8

I agree with you on this, I feel like I should be trusted when I make changes on google maps, but then I feel like someone is going behind me and undoing my changes

Leland

Or they just stay in "pending" mode even though you can tell from the get-go, that the changes I made are completely 100% correct.

Level 8

Thank you!

Leland

Level 8

Thank you for that idea, Sir!

Leland

Level 8

@Zeds

I have noticed that too. That adding too much edits so once takes longer or not applied. One at a time is a way to go although quite annoying! 

@Zeds wrote:

Hi chucko,

I used to have a few problems like what you are experiencing when I first joined Local Guides a few months back.I tend to add every new business I can find and also submit edits for anything that needs to be added or corrected for an existing business.My downfall was adding too much new information all at once......the dude at the other end must have been having a meltdown.I would get a lot of not applied or pending and sometimes denied.These days I seem to have everything approved and applied immediately.......it might have something to do with me sitting on 3240 points with 1,376 reviews,8,339 added photos and 30,225,042 views but not totally I decided.I went back into my submitted edits that were still pending or not applied...some were a few weeks old.I was able to remember what info needed to be added but this time I submitted only one new piece of info at a time...bingo!!! ....they all came back approved and published straight away.So my advice is don't try to do too much in one big edit.....chip away with one piece of info at a time......add the phone number.....get approved......add the hours....get approved and so on.It sounds like a lot of unnecessary work but if you get the results I now do then it will be worth it.Adding photos first of a new business listing seems to add a lot of credibility.Best of luck mate.

May the Google be with you.

Cheers,

Zed star.

Level 8

So what @Zeds say's is correct? @Ann-MarieS  ?
Leland
@Ann-MarieS wrote:

@Zeds

I have noticed that too. That adding too much edits so once takes longer or not applied. One at a time is a way to go although quite annoying! 

@Zeds wrote:

Hi chucko,

I used to have a few problems like what you are experiencing when I first joined Local Guides a few months back.I tend to add every new business I can find and also submit edits for anything that needs to be added or corrected for an existing business.My downfall was adding too much new information all at once......the dude at the other end must have been having a meltdown.I would get a lot of not applied or pending and sometimes denied.These days I seem to have everything approved and applied immediately.......it might have something to do with me sitting on 3240 points with 1,376 reviews,8,339 added photos and 30,225,042 views but not totally I decided.I went back into my submitted edits that were still pending or not applied...some were a few weeks old.I was able to remember what info needed to be added but this time I submitted only one new piece of info at a time...bingo!!! ....they all came back approved and published straight away.So my advice is don't try to do too much in one big edit.....chip away with one piece of info at a time......add the phone number.....get approved......add the hours....get approved and so on.It sounds like a lot of unnecessary work but if you get the results I now do then it will be worth it.Adding photos first of a new business listing seems to add a lot of credibility.Best of luck mate.

May the Google be with you.

Cheers,

Zed star.