Fares14f's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Most Useful Type of Google Map Edits

Hi Local Guides, 

Google map is a useful way to guide our community and local businesses, especially your favorite ones. Here are three of types of my favorite edits on the map: 

1. Adding small local shops to the map, that are usually under represented, such as shoe-shop, laundry service shop, mechanics, barbershop, local bakery and/or produce shops. Those are very useful for visitors and newly moved residents in your local area. Believe me! I have run into difficulties to find such places, only to know that they exist within a few kilometers away from my apartment. 

2. Update places with phone numbers and working hours. This is especially a great type of edit for restaurants as people do not keep a record of all restaurants' phone numbers in their phone contacts. Updating Google Map with phone numbers allows for greater accessibility to those restaurants and saves you and many others tremendous amount of time, especially if you like to order your food by phone before you arrive to the restaurant or for pick up. 

3. Taking pictures of restaurants' menu. By now, you realize that I like to order my food on the phone before going into the restaurant. Having the food menu uploaded on Google Maps allows me to pick delicious food that I have not tried in the past, and/or would like to reorder without confusing the person on the other side of phone. 

Those three types of Google Map edits are my favorite as they possess actionable information, and continue to guide me and others the next time I need that shop or restaurant. 

Jubail Saudi Arabia
1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Most Useful Type of Google Map Edits

Hello,

As your post is not an inquiry about how to map, I will move your post to the more appropriate sub-forum. This should help to get it proper exposure while also keeping the Mapping sub-forum on topic. Please ensure that each post you make is both appropriate for Local Guides Connect and in the correct sub-forum.

I see that this is one of your first posts. As a new user of Local Guides Connect, please do read over the core values of Connect.  I'll also point you to some great tips for using Connect.   You can also consider introducing yourself to the forum by posting in this month's introduction thread.  I look forward to reading your future contributions.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages