Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

More than one segments of road not selected to name it

20171110_131931.jpg

Dear Local Guides & Support Team!

Previously to "name" a "unnmaed" road, we can select more than one segments of road but now we can't select more than one segment, kindly guide me to select multiple segments or if this is "bug" then requested to support team, kindly fix this issue

Thank you

Ata Ur Rehman

Local Guide

Pakistan
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: More than one segments of road not selected to name it

Hi @Anonymous,

When tryied in Desktop Maps, I can select two segments without issue.  (The one as you indicated, and the one in the left)

But when tested in Android Maps, yes, only one segment can be selected.  As soon as I select the left segment, the first segement goes off.

Please report this Bug via the Send Feedback in the Maps app.

I recommend you to use Desktop Maps to submit this edit at this moment.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @Anonymous,

I just do a Multi-segment road reporting this today without issues.

Can you post a Link to to area you are editing here, so that we can try?

Level 7

You can select as many segments as you like in a straight line road until a junction and you you also cannot select perpendicular lane.That Blue line has 4 segments.That Blue line has 4 segments.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your kind response, here is this road i want to select 5 segments but when i select second segment, the first one again unchecked

Unnamed Road
Unnamed Road, Rahwali Cantonments

https://goo.gl/maps/xtcCsV17wFS2

Level 8
Solution

Hi @Anonymous,

When tryied in Desktop Maps, I can select two segments without issue.  (The one as you indicated, and the one in the left)

But when tested in Android Maps, yes, only one segment can be selected.  As soon as I select the left segment, the first segement goes off.

Please report this Bug via the Send Feedback in the Maps app.

I recommend you to use Desktop Maps to submit this edit at this moment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YK1001 yes thank you very much to take interest in my issue, yes I'll report this bug but i have only one smartphone to use Google Maps, no PC or laptop for desktop, hope so Google support will fix this issue soon

@SyedZeeshan thank you very much for reply, actually it doesn't work on some places, I'll report it

Level 7

@Anonymous wrote:

@YK1001 yes thank you very much to take interest in my issue, yes I'll report this bug but i have only one smartphone to use Google Maps, no PC or laptop for desktop, hope so Google support will fix this issue soon

@SyedZeeshan thank you very much for reply, actually it doesn't work on some places, I'll report it

Me too attempted to select multiple segments on the road you said but, it wasn't happened as you said.

So, SampsonF already gave the best solution. Go ahead with it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @SyedZeeshan thank you very much to take interest in my issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Request submitted to support to fix this issue20171110_191927.jpg

Level 10

Idea exchange voting open for "Make road editing possible" https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/All-Ideas/Make-road-editing-possible/idi-p/667232

Kind regards from Osaka78 👍