KimR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Missing walkways

I currently am working on a project to use Googlemaps to help the public navigate around a campus of buildings in my city. This particular campus has many walkways but when you ask Google for directions, people are sent on large indirect routes outside of the campus to reach places that are only a few yards away. I have access to floorplans and campus maps that could be used to fix the issues and I am able to provide these and other information and help. Is it possible for someone to contact me and work out a path forward? 

3 comments
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Missing walkways

@KimR wrote:

I have access to floorplans and campus maps

Do you have explicit permission from the copyright holder to use them? If not then such a project should only be between the location owner and Google

Anything you can't edit yourself you can alert Google to:

In the desktop version open the map at the desired location
Click the hamburger icon ☰
Click Send feedback
Click Other feedback
Describe your issue or share your ideas
Add a screenshot as directed

Level 1

Yes,

I do have permission and am working on the project for them.I have submitted feedback. Since the scale of the changes needed I would need to interact with Google closely for a short while. Is feedback the best route to take then?

Thanks for the reply.

Level 7

@KimR, I suggest that you take a different approach than using Maps feedback: Base Map Partner Program

I have not engaged Google this way, as I do not have geospatial data and the authority to release it to them, so I cant answer questions about this, but I do see a link to an FAQ at the top of the page.