Già's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Missing Categories

Hi, I remember there was a huge list of categories when Google Map Maker was online.

I read that now it is integrated in Maps, but the list is very poor.

There was specific categories like "War Memorial", but now I can't find neither "Monument" category, so... I have to select "Museum" when I create the monument?

4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Missing Categories

Hi @Già

You can add this place in using Historical landmark or Historical Place Museum category.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 6

Thanks, at least is something

Level 9

There's quite a bit of mystery surrounding map edits since the untimely demise of map maker. Someone posted a list of categories recently, but I don't know if it's official. Strikes me as odd that google rolled map editing into local guides, offers a mapping badge and then provides so little editing direction. To my way of thinking you shouldn't have to play detective to figure out how to properly ID a statue.

Level 10

I'm always posting this category list, that comes from an official Knowledge Base, but is mainly targeted for Google MyBusiness, so maybe could be not useful in this case 😉