Eireanne's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Missing 1TB drive storage.

I've been a contributor and reached Level 4 by July 21, 2016, but I did not see any upgrade to my storage, or anywhere that a voucher would be to apply the additional storage space.  In searching around the helpdesk site trying to find an email address, or someone to contact, I am suddenly being inundated with community mailer emails from local guides, "You earned the Level 1 Local Guide badge on Local Guides Connect" and the next - Level 2, and so on.  Still nothing about a voucher.  I'm not sure what I suddenly unlocked to get this flood of catch up emails and finally have google acknowledge that I am a contributor, but I'd really like to know where my additional drive space is, as I'm suddenly at capacity.  I understand the storage space has to be redeemed within 30 days, and we are well past that now, but since I never received it, or a notification of where I could locate it, is there anything that can be done? 

Erin RavenSkye

3 comments
Level 8

Re: Missing 1TB drive storage.

Hi @Eireanne,

First of all, the email regarding Level 1 / Level 2, etc are sent by Connect Forum to you, informing you that you earned those Badges at the forum.  As it is the first time you logon to Connect, you will got all the badges based on your current status.

Regarding the redemption of the Drive Benefits, please have a look at the answer post of this topic:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Level-4/Level-4-No-Drive-Storage-benefit/td-p/39920

I recommend you to check if the Drive entry is listed under the Level 4 of your LG Account homepage or not.  Then to see if the Redeem Link is still active or not.

Level 7

Thank you for your response SampsonF.  I read the link you attached, and I see I am not alone in this problem.  Much like HetalP I didn't see a redeem or email, and although it's been over 30 days, I see he waited 5 weeks and 9 months, but found resolution.  That's what I'm hoping for too.  I just don't know who to contact to find out if I can access the additional storage I earned.  There is no redeem function, it only says, Free Google Drive storage.  Then says, "You are given 30 days to redeem the offer otherwise your opportunity to get the drive space is lost after 30 days."

So, did I miss my opportunity by not figuring out how to contact local guides within 30 days...or can someone here direct me to how to contact them/find resolution.  I'm sorry, I'm just not sure how this whole thing works, and can't seem to figure out how to navigate to a solution.  

Level 8

Hi @Eireanne,

As I read, you likely missed the 30-days redemption windows.

How I think it is no harm to contact one of our Moderators directly.

Please mention / tag then in your post to draw their attention to your situation.

The Authors from our "About Local Guides" board are our Moderators.