Soez's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Marketing Digital lucrando con Maps, y los Local Guides

ME PARECE QUE LO QUE DICE LUIS, SOBRE AHORRALES TIEMPO Y TRABAJO DE ALGO SOBRE LO QUE NO QUIEREN APRENDER, ES MUY VÁLIDO. TÚ DECIDES DE ACUERDO A TU VISIÓN DE PORQUÉ ERES LOCAL GUIDE, SI EL SIMPLE RECONOCIMIENTO QUE TE OFRECE GOOGLE ES SUFICIENTE O SI LO HACES COMO UN MEDIO DE GANARTE LA VIDA. AL FINAL DEL DÍA, NO OLVIDEMOS QUE GOOGLE ES UNA PLATAFORMA DE INFORMACIÓN QUE LUCRA CON ELLA. EN TÉRMINOS REALES, NO DEJA DE ESTAR ASOCIADA AL MARKETING Y LA NUEVA TENDENCIA DE LOS LOCAL GUIDES, INDICA QUE ESTOS PODRÁN SER LOS NUEVOS PORTAVOCES DE LAS EMPRESAS, ES DECIR, ÉSTAS LES PAGARÁN A ELLOS (COMO A LOS INFLUENCERS) O LES OFRECERÁN GRANDES BENEFICIOS EN SUS SERVICIOS, CON TAL DE QUE ÉSTOS TENGAN UNA EXPERIENCIA AGRADABLE, QUE SE TRADUCE EN BUENAS RESEÑAS Y MÁS VISITAS PARA LOS COMERCIOS, NINGUNO PIERDE. EN TODO CASO, COMO LOCAL GUIDE, NO DEBES PERDER DE VISTA TUS VALORES Y HABLAR SIEMPRE CON LA VERDAD, SER LÍDER DE OPINIÓN CONLLEVA MUCHA RESPONSABILIDAD.

Level 9

Re: My Business y los Local Guides

Farid, si existe otra compensación que google nos da, cuando tu te involucras en street view google te certifica con la insignia de street view trusted y te publica en su pagina con esto dando la oportunidad de actuar como representante de ellos, ahí viene la opción de contratar y con eso nosotros obtenemos clientes potenciales. 

les dejo la liga. 

https://www.google.com/streetview/hire/

Level 9

La certificación de street view nos permite ofrecer los servicios personales o de nuestras empresas, con permiso de google. 

Former Google Contributor

Hello @GastõnC,

You have already listed some of the benefits from being a Trusted Street View Photographer.  While you are not allowed to represent yourself as an employee of Google, being a SV photographer allows you access to the for-hire index, access to the exclusive Trusted Street View photographer board on Connect, and you can receive paid leads if a local business requests a shoot: https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 9

Gracias por complementarlo, 

Saludos. 

Level 10

Monetary Local Guide Naivety

I just wanted to give a little feedback regarding the rampant topics over and over again regarding the possibility of 'earning money or benefits' of participating in the Local Guides volunteer program. Whenever someone new or curious asks about certain benefits, we encourage local guides and new users to search for related topics before starting new ones.

I can tell you that without fail, every single day I see a post asking about whether money is earned from the program. And then that will gather up a few responses stating the same thing over again. It's like when someone asks a question on Google Maps' questions and answers, a few dozen local guides will simultaneously receive a notification, and then flock to the question to answer it as quick as they can. Furthermore, users continuously respond to posts the same thing others have said, which bumps the topic back up to the top.

It is understood that establishing dialogue to a new local guide can help nurture and welcome them into the community, but this is a question I'm frankly quite mundane of. Could we have possibly one of the following:

• In the Help Desk section, we could have a series of frequently asked questions (FAQ). I know we have one somewhere, but people are just not going there.
  • Instead of having the same thing copied and pasted over and over again from other people, can we just merge all these relevant isolated posts into a core, or standard thread? The forums would be a much cleaner pace, even if there is plenty of work to be done.
  • Maybe for local guides, if you see someone asking the same, just direct them to the standard post, or inform a moderator to merge it with the thread, and then maybe inform the user to read the solution instead of posting the same advice time and time again. Many of these remain unchecked with no solutions or even zero replies.

I guess this is something the moderators do take care of, but it's monotonous how many people think that people have opted into the Local Guides program and did not even think to read the terms and conditions. This also has to do with topics such as the Google Drive perk (that people still think the 1TB exist, which is extremely outdated), what rewards are there in reaching higher levels (which is quite limited at this time) and plenty of other things, that all need to be in a frequently asked questions thread.

Level 9

Re: Monetary Local Guide Naivety

@Briggs

I totally agree with you !

It become boring to reply to perks, money and other repetitive questions.

Also a lot of "new" LG's do not take time to read at least Local Guides Connect Rules.

Or simply use Search Tool before to ask.

And it's right that a kind of Important FAQ Post pined on Home Page Top will be an alternative solution.

Let's make Connect progress slowly but surely 😉

Nice day Briggs 😉

My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Level 9

In almost half million members Community 

A ( FAQ ) section is essential @Briggs 👌👍

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Briggs. We have been cleaning up the Help Desk and adding new posts to it and some more helpful posts are on the way. We also do, as Google Moderators, respond to posts but also merge them in existing threads, encouraging people to search. We recognize and welcome that Connect is a global forum and not everyone may be as savvy as others so it's important to help educate others about the proper way to use Connect in a kind manner, which is why there is indeed a lot of repetition. 🙂 

I agree with you and encourage all Local Guides who wish to help keep the forum organized and to help others to do the same thing as you have suggested. 

As your post is a feedback and feature request post, I am going to move it over to the feedback and feature request board and thank you for taking the time to share these thoughts. Hopefully you'll see more improvements in the post organization over the coming weeks and if you see a specific topic you'd like covered in the Help Desk, feel free to suggest it and tag one of the Google Moderators listed in this post

As an FYI also - your URL labeled "this one" is broken 😃

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 10

Thank you @BruceDM! I have seen the recent work in the shuffling around of topics around the Help Desk and the condensation of posts. I also see plenty of posts where they're asking one of the aforementioned questions and what they're getting from local guides is a welcome wagon without any incentive or effort to answer what they have asked.

No problemo at all, thanks for taking time to read. I cannot remember for my life what that URL was meant to be (the link says something about some fruit fly landing on a cantaloupe or something) even if it was a day ago, so I removed the reference.

Cheers!