agkunal11's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Maps preview app crashing on launch

The Google Maps counter app, Maps preview is crashing at launching itself. I am unable to see landing/home page even. The issue has been reported via feedback option but still didn't get any updated version of app to rectify this issue. Please fix this issue ASAP and release stable verison for beta testing.

Pune, Maharashtra, India
14 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 6
Solution

Re: Maps preview app crashing on launch

Today's update seems to have fixed the issue. I can now use Maps Preview again.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi Kunal,

Give it another try by reinstalling again and then open the app with location settings ON/OFF.

Happy Guiding!

@agkunal11 wrote:

The Google Maps counter app, Maps preview is crashing at launching itself. I am unable to see landing/home page even. The issue has been reported via feedback option but still didn't get any updated version of app to rectify this issue. Please fix this issue ASAP and release stable verison for beta testing.

With Peace & Love
- PRK
Level 8

Hi Kunal,

Give it another try by reinstalling again and then open the app with location settings ON/OFF.

Happy Guiding!

@agkunal11 wrote:

With Peace & Love
- PRK
Level 7

I tried it already by un-installing/re-installing but unfortunately it didn't work, facing this issue from almost a week when I received the last update.

@Pranesh_PRK wrote:

Hi Kunal,

Happy Guiding!

@agkunal11 wrote:

Level 6

I've had this issue since Friday.

Clearing app data or reinstalling will allow it to work for a very short time but then it starts crashing again.

Launching Maps Preview from the directions button in a Google search or going directly to a subscreen works fine although pressing the back button to access the main map crashes it immediately.

Level 8

+1

Facing this issue since last weekend ! 

I'm on One Plus 3T, what device are you using guys ?

Level 6

Xperia XZ2 Compact

Android 8.0.0

Build 51.1.A.4.225

I've reported it a few times via the crash dialog with varying levels of description. 

Level 7

Also having the same issue since last week. Uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing data, did not work.

Using a Pixel 2, Android 8.1.0.

Level 6
Solution

Level 7

Yes @bmost . I also received update today and app is working fine now.

@bmost wrote:

Thanks guys for actively participating in the discussion and sharing your views.