ipm001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Maps and Photos Sync

Hello Everyone:

I do know this topic has been discussed several times previously but we've never received an acceptable answer.

So let me try this again.

Pictures on Google Photos are not sync'd properly to Maps meaning I can't really use the "Add Photos to Map"

feature. The strangest thing is that some photos are synced some are not. (All images are perfect, totally

follow Google guidelines.)

Any idea would be appreciated.

@LucioV ???  (Your input would be highly appreciated. Thanks.)

9 comments
Level 10

Re: Maps and Photos Sync

Hi @ipm001

After last changes in Google Maps service it's not possible to add images to GMaps in any place, even automatically. Images can be only assigned to POI. So, Google Maps display only these images from Photos which are able to assign to POI according to mechanisms described here: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6153599?hl=en

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 7

Hey! I am also experiencing the same problem and tried different settings in my Google Photos app and also in maps, but no luck. If you want to add a photo which is not auto sync'd in map, you can simply select the photos and Photos app and click " Share on Map" to post your photos. However, you need to select the location manually. This is what I normally do when I don't see auto sync. If there is any problem with photos or copy write issue, it may removed or will be marked as private. You can check the details under "Your contribution>Photos.
Dheerendra Mishra
Level 10

Hi @Dheeru08r:

that's part of the problem. When I pull up Google Photos and select an image no

" Share on Map" option is available. So I can't do it even manually.

Thanks.

Level 10

@ipm001

Manually you can add photos only in the ways described here:

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/2622947

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 10

Thanks @JacekNK. I know that.

Level 10

@ipm001 wrote:

Hello Everyone:

I do know this topic has been discussed several times previously but we've never received an acceptable answer.

So let me try this again.

Pictures on Google Photos are not sync'd properly to Maps meaning I can't really use the "Add Photos to Map"

feature. The strangest thing is that some photos are synced some are not. (All images are perfect, totally

follow Google guidelines.)

Any idea would be appreciated.

@LucioV ???  (Your input would be highly appreciated. Thanks.)

Hi @ipm001 can you please explain better the issue?

Are you trying to add photos to maps in places that are not accepting photos?

What do you mean with "synced properly to maps"?

Thanks!

Level 10

Hi @LucioV:

Nice to see/talk to you again. How are you? Thanks for taking the time to help with this issue.

OK, let's see this in details. For example, I take pictures and then connect my camera

to my computer (or just stick the memory card in). Google's Backup and Sync picks up the

images, uploads to Google drive automatically. Great, that's what we want. I see all my

images on Google Photos. 

The Sync feature would imply that when I go to Google Maps and - as a Local Guide - would like

to use the Contribute feature, under "Add Your Photos to Map" I should see the uploaded

images. Well: sometimes I do sometimes I don't. Most of the times I don't.  Actually, this

sync feature stopped working for me cca 2 weeks ago. No matter how I try to upload

pictures I can't see them at "Add Your Photos to Map".

Of course, there's a way to add photos to POIs at Google Maps. I just select a POI, pull it up

and use the "Add a Photo" feature. But that's different. I'd add photos manually. I would

like to use the Sync feature. (I checked and double checked all possible settings, whatsoever.)

I understood that the Auto Backup of Google Pictures was done via gpautobackup_setup.exe.

It was replaced lately by installbackupandsync.exe . I made all the modifications and adjustments.

I really don't know what else I could do.

Thanks again, heóave a good one.

Level 10

Hi @ipm001 thanks! Nice to see you too, I was busy for work.

Now i understand your issue; i never use this method to upload photos to maps, I always select the POI first.

Just noticed I have the same issue and i can remember someone else had the same.

Looks like the synced photos are the one that I can see in my timeline, associated to a visited place.

I suggest you to send a feedback In-App or here, in connect, under the feedback board.

Have a nice day

Level 10

Hi @LucioV:

thanks, I did that twice already .... 🙂  🙂  🙂

Have a great day.