PennyChristie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Looking for Local Guides in Sydney

I just wanted to share an Instagram page I recently created for Local Guides in Sydney Australia. I created it to help myself and other Local Guides, in my city, connect on social media. Sometimes I think I’m the only person I know contributing on Google Maps. That was until I attended the Google Local Guides Connect Live 2018 event in San Francisco in October this year. It was an amazing experience.  Meeting 150 Local Guides and countless Googlers from all over the world made me want to bring home the knowledge I gained at Googleplex and connect with my fellow Aussies who also have the same passion and drive to help others navigate around the world easier.

Are you a Local Guide in Sydney? 

657F44BD-78D7-4471-B6FD-755792039E5D.jpeg

Sydney NSW, Australia
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Looking for Local Guides in Sydney

Hi @PennyChristie,

It is so nice that you got back with such warm feelings and useful experience from Connect Live.

Despite the Instagram profile, I recommend creating a meet-up on our meet-up site and interested Local Guides in your area can indicate their interest via RSVP. You can share your meet-up more widely on your social channels, which may garner your friends or family to become Local Guides too!

Some more information that may be helpful, especially if it's your first time hosting:

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Re: Looking for Local Guides in Sydney