LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Local guides rise make first victim

https://skift.com/2016/11/02/yelp-gives-up-on-international-growth-layoffs-probable/

It's a sad news, I've been an elite yelper for several years, and run for CM position in Italy. 

But the Google positioning in review and mapping businesses crushed in the same market. . . 

2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Local guides rise make first victim

I'm not too surprised to be honest. During my experience so far, Yelp has only been relevant in US. When I go to other countries, there are almost always other local alternatives that people generally use there. For example in Japan, most people use Tabelog. Singapore - HungryGoWhere. Indonesia - Zomato. Yelp isn't exactly known in these countries.

I think the great thing about Google Maps reviews is that it's directly tied in to Google Search. So as long as the country has access to Google Search, they will always able to easily access the reviews (they will show up when they search for locations)

Connect Moderator

Re: Local guides rise make first victim

@IvanY wrote:

I think the great thing about Google Maps reviews is that it's directly tied in to Google Search. So as long as the country has access to Google Search, they will always able to easily access the reviews (they will show up when they search for locations)

Could not agree more, @iyudhi. It has been so beneficial having Maps by my side outside of the USA and having it work flawlessly in terms of providing directions, navigation, and finding awesome spots for food.

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall