ShariqA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Local guide certificate

@Eduard_K wrote:

Hello! Take picture and sign from yours avatar of local guide-write yours describe your service and knowledge that you can professionally provide services. Go to the photoshop or copy center and ask them to transfer it all to any sample of paper a format A4 certificate.

If you want you can add a print and a painting from photoshop. Then you can go to the copy center to ask you to transparent plastic of yours certificate-then afte all yoy can conduct tours.

So... you're telling people to forge a certificate...

That's not very clever...

Level 6

I'm just answering to a stupid person who wants to have a certificate from Google local guide program. Such certificate is not exist at all.

Eduard K
Level 8

very well said @Csaba

Connect Moderator

@ShariqA

A certificate is to certify,

volunteer work only needs appreciation, that too, from fellows and general public. 

The only reward for volunteer work is satisfaction and that comes from within 🙂

That's what makes this community so beautiful. 

Level 10

A certification or an ID card is not only to certify but to show the identity of an active contributor and his affiliation to this community.
Connect Moderator

@MichelChammas

I dont carry my certificate with me, I wear that Local Guides badge proudly and that's I believe a whole different level of appreciation

Level 10

Hi @OmerAli Great the badge is a way to show your identity and your belonging to the community, but who gave you the budge? Is it official and unified for LGs all over the world? That's what we are talking about.
Connect Moderator

@MichelChammas

I know what you guys talking about , but my point is that yes it is given by Google but it is unofficial because its a volunteer program and the badge is the representation. 

When you say certificates and official endorsements, that's for employees and other affiliates that are directly connected and governed by Google. 

I think that's fairly simple to understand. 

But, my point was simply to point towards the underlying perks of the program and not the shiny presentation here 

and obviously our opinions may vary but we are all the same here 

Level 5

@PierJes wrote:

@CatE wrote:

i think so.... but local guides should not be for everyone.... i mean local guides point system should be improved..... many people giving fake ratings and getting points in 1-2 days. 

I agree with that totally.

Unfortunately, it's too late.

@PierJes What do you mean by it’s too late?

Level 8

@Dontcry43 wrote:

@PierJes wrote:

@CatE wrote:

i think so.... but local guides should not be for everyone.... i mean local guides point system should be improved..... many people giving fake ratings and getting points in 1-2 days. 

I agree with that totally.

Unfortunately, it's too late.

@PierJes What do you mean by it’s too late?

I mean that Google makes no discrimination accepting people as local guides.

As a result, we are flooded with incompetents and trolls.

And I say that it is too late because they mess-up the maps and we can't keep-up with correcting everything.