HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Local Guides Were Are You?

@ErmesT Your point has been noted, I understand what you saying very well, what you are trying to say, thanks. @SoniaK You are active Lol, I know that, more grease to your activeness :D.

Level 10

@MatBarcia I share similar thoughts with you, from what you are saying, you came in probably before or after Summit17 announcement when everything was still hot :D, you need to see how posts always flood the forum every single moment, after announcements the stats drop, many people are saying members might be contributing else were but the truth is No they are not, we need to be practical and not hide the truth. Many people are saying you cant make good posts everyday I believe that, I have been a member since last year and have only posted 23 times but  contributed to different topics more than 100's of times. We cant make good post everyday but we can support and still yet contribute everyday. That is why I came up with the idea  of telling all consistent contributors I knew before Summit17 announcement to gear up and do as they have always been doing, help those who leaving to stay because many of them many not too understand what the local guide program is all about. I share your thoughts on this, and trust me, you are on my radar now 😄 + I dont have a favorite contributor, everyone are my favorite+ you also and the idea of @JeroenM is really a great idea, I would look into that and give it a thought also. 

Level 9

That's Right ? big bro @ErmesT

@ you write this yesterday and I read it today , just because I follow your posts , I can't say to my friends not to mention me it's ok with me & if I didn't reply it's ok for him/her also, in this Connect you can't make superbly threads everyday , but we must engaged together & increase the creativity of the members even in Funny ways ... Sometimes I miss your posts even when you mentioned me maybe for alot of notifications , now if you think that this Thread or Posts  very important to me you will send private Inbox message 😉  Notifications ...

@ErmesT wrote:

Dear @HelloSamsonR, maybe I have a countercurrent way of thinking, but I'm really enjoying this quite period after the storm.

In the last two week Connect was very similar to Facebook, with a lot of posts (included mine) and a lot of Kudos, most of the posts about summit2017,and ended with a lot of fun, mostly useful for getting new friends, new kudos, but without giving a real added value to the community.

Now most of the 150 are posting on the summit exclusive Board (well, I hope I will have time to post in there too, as I didn't right now), some of the not included in the list stops to post in Connect (yes @DiAnaUS, I've read your post).

Like you, Samson, I like beautiful post, but a nice post cannot be made everyday. I want to invite everyone to not be forced to post. I remember everyday to myself the nice words of @TraciC, asking me to be myself.

This is the only way to be, I believe in this, and I never force myself to post something just to get some more kudos, nor I mention everyone to have them to come and see my post.

I like to explore the board, to read the posts without being forced to do it, and I think that also most of you like to do the same.

So, in this quite day, I started to explore Connect from the first beginning, finding beautiful post, mostly unread as the community was very small in July 2016

Minutes ago I've discovered one of the first post of @MahabubMunna, and I want to thanks him for the beauty of his photo.

Please, explore the beauty of our Community, there are unseen pearls in here.

Acting like a moderator, let me please give a suggestion to everyone: "Quote" button is a very dangerous tool, that I would like to remove, as the compulsive use of it make every topic mostly unreadable.

Sometime I'm boring, I know, but this is me 🙂

P. S.: Congratulations to @AnuradhaP, for the double 5000 in just a few minutes

@HelloSamsonR @SoniaK @AnuradhaP @DiAnaUS @MahabubMunna @SanyaOdare @U-royFelixA @KlaudiaB

Level 9

Welcome @SoniaK & thank you 🙂

Level 10

There are literally so many mentions on this post of everyone and kudos's flying everywhere!

Local Guides Connect in moderation, as is everything in life. Naturally people start to ramp up their activity when something like the Local Guides Summit are in question. Let quality and happiness come freely, they will appear soon enough.

Level 9

@AnuradhaP what's the Floods news !!??

Is everything ok now ?

Level 10

@OSAMA Everything is not okay, am watching Aljazeera now and they say Sri Lanka need volunteers.

Level 7

@HelloSamsonR thabk you, your posts are very kind!

Level 10

@Tito You are welcome.

Level 10
Solution

I want to to use this opportunity to thank all the Local guides who made connect yet still and interesting and great place to be after the Summit17 results were announced. I want to thank you all for not being discouraged and get plunge into the bitterness of not getting the invite to Summit17. You all believe in yourself that there is always another day and another chance to achieve any milestone in our lives. I say a big thank you to all of you and I continue to say thank You. :D. @OSAMA@AnuradhaP@SoniaK@SanyaOdare@NarenChandra@IlankovanT@LucioV@NareshDarji@ShafiulB@DiAnaUS@@Briggs@ermest@U-royfelix.@AkmalB@Mahabubmuna@KlaudiaB@Jonaskl@MarquinosLion@Tito. And many more i didn't mention

Thank you all.:D