IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Local Guides Inspires the Succeeding Generations

@IlankovanT - What an incredible Meet-up this was!  It looks like it was a very rewarding day and you covered so much ground!  I would love to see how these trees are growing in the future and i'm honored to have one named after me 🙂 Thank you so much sharing!

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Connect Moderator

What a lovely video and a grand community gesture to help beautify and inspire your city @IlankovanT one tree at a time. Thanks to you and your Local Guides community efforts there will be great beauty and nice shade for those in your city to enjoy for many years to come. Thank you for naming a tree for me, I am greatly honored that you did this. 

I know @ErmesT is crying with joy and trying to figure out how to visit you. You bring joy and sunshine to our global Google Local Guides community. = )

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

@IlankovanT This is GREAT. As I heard in a talk very recently, about 40% of the Sri Lankan population is having issues with access to drinking water. This is an alarming situation and this initiative by you have more meaning. As a Local Guide and as a Sri Lankan I am proud about you, you are trying to make a difference. 

Wow.... there is a tree with my name tag. Thanks @IlankovanT. I will visit this tree, may be during your next meetup. 

Level 9

@AkmalB wrote:

Hi @IlankovanT

This is something great , fantastic, awesome idea as always,

Indeed it's a good idea,but I love the way you tagged the trees with such active local guides name,the cause is not just for local guides community,but even for humanity,

It's a nice recap and lovely story about planting trees,

Sure I will join this initiative in near future,

Thanks for sharing

Have a nice day

Thanks for the appreciation @AkmalB.  I wish every one of us starts an initiative like this so that we all can take part in greening the world. my target is 1000 trees. hope this year I will complete all of them and put on the web 🙂

Level 9

@AlejandraMaria wrote:

Wuauuuu @IlankovanT,

It´s really amazing!!!! I love it 👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 

You are a Super Local Guide! I am impressed how you thought about every single detail. It was perfect!

An incredible goal you  reached, with the motivated team, the beautiful trees, the badges, the t-shirts, the drinks...

You have reached the excellence 👍👍👍

You are guiding us in a new concept of mapping 😃. I really like it, so I will start to think about it ...

And many many thanks for the tree planted by Kitheshwar. I love it 💚💚💚💚💚

Congratulations to all of you for mading this incredible meet-up, I am totally sure that will inspare succeeding generations and many Local Guides too  👏 👏 👏 👏 👏 

Good Afternoon from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Thanks, @AlejandraMaria! Your words show that you have been reading every single detail of the RECAP with interest as you like it from the conceptual level. Thanks again for the appreciation. Looking forward to see some similar initiatives lead by you, undertaken at your native place too. I will publish the trees in the web by this weekend and you can upload the trees to the web 🙂

Level 9

@ValeriaA_ wrote:

This is just amazing @IlankovanT, I feel so honored. It's like a bit of my soul is there in Sri Lanka to grow as a tree. It really has a deep meaning for me and I'm thankful for this incredible initiative. You are amazing and I'm sure you are generating a positive change not only in your country but also in the world! This means a lot and I'm really happy to support you from here. A simple "thank you" is not enough because you deserve much more!

You just caught what I was trying to tell the world through this activity @ValeriaA_. Yeah! As you told this is a tribute I have given to those active local guides who help travelers around the world by contributing to Google maps. Thanks for the appreciation!

Level 9

@OSAMA wrote:

Keep inspiring broo @IlankovanT , am very very proud of your friendship 😊🎉😊

I will visit my tree brooo 😊🎉

This is something spiritual 

Many many thanks , 

All Respect All Respect 

yeah! it is @OSAMA. Spreading some spirit in the name of local guides in a greener form. Glad that you are willing to visit your tree. You are always welcome. Looking forward to see you soon 🙂
Level 9

@LucioV wrote:

I'm in Sri Lanka!!! 🙂 I'm alive! I'm a tree! Thanks great friend @IlankovanT!

You do @LucioV! I have kind of cloned your soul! 🙂 Do not whine!

Level 9

@TraciC wrote:

@IlankovanT My heart is so full of happiness and swelling with my appreciation on behalf of ALL Local Guides for this fantastic event. You really found a way to really make all of us who were planted and everyone who reads this feel so proud to be a Local Guide. Your meet-up had it all; great people, a great cause, including us online and more. I hope to come visit my namesake tree and to visit your beautiful country which seems even more beautiful to me after seeing how much the community comes together again and again. 🙂

Thank you!!

This is inspiring @TraciC! I am overjoyed by all these comments and appreciation from you and all these local guides. When I initiated this, I never thought this will end up this much successful. Now, after posting the RECAP and looking at the feedback from all Local guide colleagues, I am kind of in a self-congratulatory state.

I'm designing a web for this activity and this will allow anyone to plant a tree and upload its information to the portal (Photo, location, etc). the beauty is I'm using Google base map to display this information/geographical location to the public.

#Googlemapforcommunities #powerofmymaps

I would like to thank everyone for the appreciation and inspiration. This makes me think more about greening the world 🙂

Level 9

@BruceDM wrote:

@IlankovanT - What an incredible Meet-up this was!  It looks like it was a very rewarding day and you covered so much ground!  I would love to see how these trees are growing in the future and i'm honored to have one named after me 🙂 Thank you so much sharing!

Thanks @BruceDM! Sure you can track the progress of your tree through the website. Keep your fingers crossed.