Detective_Sulyman's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Local Guides Gombe at Gombe SDGs Youth Summit 2018

On Saturday 15th December, we honoured the invitation of NYSC SDGs to attend the Sustainable development goals summit.

Some of the Local Guides Gombe teamSome of the Local Guides Gombe team

The summit focus on bringing young people working to make an impact in their community.

Aerial view of the summit hallAerial view of the summit hall

The Summit was attended by more than 400 individuals in Gombe, I was honoured to be among the speakers and I was able to discuss the work we are doing as local guides.

The local hero supporting women's rights in Nigeria ft. Princess Ilonze. The video was played at the event, 

Myself (Sulaiman Abubakar Salihu) speaking at the Gombe SDGs Youth Summit with the local hero video at the backgroundMyself (Sulaiman Abubakar Salihu) speaking at the Gombe SDGs Youth Summit with the local hero video at the background

the audience were really amaze when they realize that they can do a lot with Google maps, most of them show their interest to join the Gombe Local Guide community. we were giving a commitment cards at the event which we signed to work on SDGs 11 which is Sustainable Cities and Communities,  

with the Local Guides Gombe Logowith the Local Guides Gombe Logo

we also had a little chat with some of the participant, after the event some of the participants made a suggestion that we should engage more people so that we can be able to add important informations that are missing on google maps in Gombe.Local Guides Gombe TeamLocal Guides Gombe Team

Group pictureGroup picture

Some of the participants includes: @AdzumrJada @Tahir_yarima @Hadiya @Digital_Babata @MZ_Ahmerd and those that I can't remember their usernames

Sulaiman Abubakar Salihu
Gombe, Nigeria
6 comments
Level 6

Re: Local Guides Gombe at Gombe SDGs Youth Summit 2018

keep it up Sir, 

Former Google Contributor

Congratulations on the beautiful summit, @Detective_Sulyman. What were the sustainable goals on focus? Did you make specific plans for involving more people?

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

It was a fantastic summit, and we really did a great thing 

Level 7

@IrrPavlova the summit was aimed at raising awareness on what the SDGs goals are, the SDGs goals came into existence in Gombe three years ago so a lot of people has little or no understanding of what the SDGs goals are. Through the summit the attendees get to Know about the SDGs. though most of the organizations present at the summit most were advocating for goal 11: Sustainable cities and Communities and goal 4: quality education. From december last year to now our community grow by almost 10 individuals even though they are not yet active at connect platform. Over 100 indivoduals summited their emails after the event, we are looking for how we can organize a workshop that will educate people more about the local guide program.

Sulaiman Abubakar Salihu
Former Google Contributor

Thank you for detailing, @Detective_Sulyman. It truly is a topic that would benefit from as much as possible attention. Thank you for the dedication.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Thanks @IrrPavlova it has been a wonderful experience

Sulaiman Abubakar Salihu