AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Local Guides' 2024 Album of Star Videos

Vídeo estrela da Cachoeira do Lageado de @rosanabtl carregado no Google Maps em 11/2023 e mostrando visualizações de estrelas de 4.822 em 31/01/2024Vídeo estrela da Cachoeira do Lageado de @rosanabtl carregado no Google Maps em 11/2023 e mostrando visualizações de estrelas de 4.822 em 31/01/2024

Cahoeira do Lageado - Santo Antônio do Pinhal

O lugar é bem organizado e de fácil acesso. Tem banheiros e lanchonete que vende petiscos e bebidas. É cobrada uma pequena taxa de entrada. Gostei muito, o dia estava muito quente e a água morninha. Tem uma escada e uma rampa até o platô da cachoeira. Não tem estacionamento, tem que estacionar na rua próxima a entrada. Quanto à acessibilidade tem uma rampa de terra que não é lisa para acesso a parte debaixo da cachoeira, para acesso na parte de cima tem uma rampa cimentada, mais lisinha e de fácil locomoção.

É um bom local para passar momentos de lazer.

Level 8

Caption: @EvaBar's Star Video of Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg uploaded onto Google Maps on 2020-11-13 and showing star views of 14,516 as at 2024-01-31Caption: @EvaBar's Star Video of Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg uploaded onto Google Maps on 2020-11-13 and showing star views of 14,516 as at 2024-01-31

Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, FL, USA

Interestingly enough, my star photo and star video are of the same event/venue - the Firestone Grand Prix. I guess I did my best work that day, although they are posted to Google on different days. I can't help but wonder if the popularity of this event has helped with my big numbers (compared to the rest of mine of course). I'm sure being in the VIP section helped as not a ton of people get to see it from that POV. 

I took this with my iPhone 11 Pro, and did not put any thought into it. I also had no intentions of uploading it to Google when I took it. But Google must've prompted me. I definitely don't think this is my best video, although I'm not sure yet what is a good video, or what Google likes (yet another algorithm to figure out lol).

Level 10

abermans_0-1714514384004.png

Caption: @abermans's Star Video of Spitalfield Market uploaded onto Google Maps on 2022-01-01 and showing star views of 1,493,712 as at 2024-04-30

Spitalfield Market, London, UK

My top video keep changing in recent months seems mostly due to "explore" features (e.g. not even shared on the location page).
After several months of new videos rising to the top, this older video of Spitalfield Market in London (properly featured) has returned to the top.
It is a lovely old market that has been rejuvenated to a popular foods and restaurants and high end boutiques shops.

Level 9

Caption: @RooksieN's Star Video of Tokyo Japanese Restaurant uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-03-01 and showing star views of 1,676,201 as at 2024-05-07Caption: @RooksieN's Star Video of Tokyo Japanese Restaurant uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-03-01 and showing star views of 1,676,201 as at 2024-05-07

Tokyo Japanese Restaurant, Clemson, South Carolina, USA

Enjoying some sushi at a local place that I have going to for almost two decades. They do a lunch special that is a good deal and it is conveniently located. This probably isn't my best video, but it makes me happy to have such a popular video.

Level 9

Caption: @turaibalazs's Star Video of River valley viewpoint 1 uploaded onto Google Maps on 2021-09-10 and showing star views of 105,531 as at 2024-05-03Caption: @turaibalazs's Star Video of River valley viewpoint 1 uploaded onto Google Maps on 2021-09-10 and showing star views of 105,531 as at 2024-05-03

River valley viewpoint 1, Geysir, Iceland

The video shows an outbreak of the Strokkur geyser at Geysir, Iceland. The area is highly active with geysers, holding a lot of various hot springs from the bubbling Litli Geyser to the majestic great Strokkur, that bursts to 50 meters high. The name of this natural phenomenon (in English, but basically in any language) is derived from the name - Geysir - of this place. I had the chance to visit during an Iceland trip back in 2021.

balázs / passionate traveller / map freak / architect
Level 8

Caption: @YuliiaZa's Star Video of  Cukiernia Potocki bakery uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-11-15 and showing star views of 13,010 as of 2024-02-04Caption: @YuliiaZa's Star Video of Cukiernia Potocki bakery uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-11-15 and showing star views of 13,010 as of 2024-02-04

Cukiernia Potocki, Khmelnytskyi, Ukraine

I took the video while waiting for my turn to order some pastry to go. The books and the smell were divine, so I felt it necessary to share on the Maps. Even now, this video wakes my appetite. Luckily, it's night and I'm outside the city, so no real danger of buying extra calories. As the place is popular, it's surprising to see only a few videos.  

Level 10

Rif.: Local Guides' 2024 Album of Star Videos

Screenshot_2024-02-05-20-02-22-644_com.google.android.apps.maps-edit.jpg

@Caverni's Star Video of Cosmo Hotel Palace uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-03-17 and showing star views of 90,874 as at 2024-02-05

Hotel Cosmo Palace, Cinisello Balsamo, Italia 

Mi trovavo per un congresso di assicuratori organizzato dallo SNA Sindacato Nazionale Agenti di assicurazione, in un albergo nella periferia milanese in un piccolo paese chiamato Cinisello Balsamo e mi ha colpito la vista dalla mia camera, ovvero la zona circostante l' edificio e il paesaggio urbano con la tangenziale e le autovetture che passavano veloci sotto la finestra. Non è il mio miglior video ma sicuramente è il mio video più visto. 
Il video è stato ripreso con uno smartphone Xiaomi Mi11 Light
Riccardo Caverni.
Multa paucis
Level 7

Rif.: Local Guides' 2024 Album of Star Videos

Caption: @katydarhel's Star Video of El cocodrilario uploaded onto Google Maps on 2024-01-22 and showing star views of 11,226 as at 2024-05-01Caption: @katydarhel's Star Video of El cocodrilario uploaded onto Google Maps on 2024-01-22 and showing star views of 11,226 as at 2024-05-01

El cocodrilio, tourist attraction, Puerto Vallarta, Jal., Mexico
This video was shot on the way to the beach in Puerto Vallarta. This is 100 percent my best photo, because I've never seen a real iguana in the wild before.

Katy Darhel
Level 10

Caption: @MarkAuchincloss's Star Video of Taberna O Gato Negro uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-05-20 and showing star views of 384,187 as at 2024-04-23Caption: @MarkAuchincloss's Star Video of Taberna O Gato Negro uploaded onto Google Maps on 2023-05-20 and showing star views of 384,187 as at 2024-04-23

I took this short clip on my Huawei P30 Pro standard video shot, to wet one's appetite and to showcase Galician gastronomy in one of the most popular and historic tapas bars in the heart of the Old Town of Santiago de Compostela. It shows a plate of recent fried Padron green peppers ( a bit overdone!) which are dipped in hot extra virgin olive oil then sprinkled with sea salt before being served (they were still delicious). The shot then pans to my colleagues dish of pulpo a la feira (octopus drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and with a sprinkling of sweet and spicy paprika powder). That plate was really tasty ! Interestingly as he's not from Galicia he was eating the octopus slithers with his fork and not with a toothpick/cocktail stick which is traditional here.

The video was just impulsive and not prepared so is not really a good example of what I'm capable of doing. I was surprised it's got so many views that quickly, probably down to the Padron Peppers.

Mark Auchincloss Google Maps Level 10 Profile
Level 9

Caption: Star video by @ajitthite of Fort Kochi Beach uploaded onto Google Maps on 2022-19-03 and showing star views of 87,192 as at 2024-24-02

Fort Kochi Beach, Kochi, Kerala, India

The beach's ideal location allows you to spend hours sitting and watching large and small ships sail to and from the port. Visitors can also use the paved walks and seating that are provided. While I was witnessing it for the first time, I found it fascinating to see this large vessel leave the port. It actually also offers to highlight the main attraction of the location. I shot this 8 sec videos from my android mobile and considering the views people also enjoyed it!

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |