AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides, 2022 Star Photos

Hi @jayasimha78 

I see that your star is still an amazing hero for you Jay, well done. 

I want to mention that you shouldn't have added your screenshot in a new comment here!  Instead, you should have edited your original screenshot and replaced it with the new.  We each have one place ("a comment") in this post ("photo album") for our star photo screenshot!  There are specific reasons for this and the main ones being,

1. It avoids you having to update your screenshot link each month and possibly making mistakes with this, 
  2. Doing it as I have suggested means that at all times from current and future leaderboards the link of your star photo entry will always find your latest star photo, and
  3. It's much more efficient.

In your case it's an easy fix this time round if you agree to.  Simply delete the last screenshot from here and change that comment to words along the lines "I have now added my latest screenshot which you can find here.   Don't make it hard on yourself to have to work out and update your screenshot link each time you update your data.  History has shown that this is where most participants make mistakes!

As well as in the opening post, this is all explained in the online context help information  I'm explaining this in detail here so that others that follow you will avoid making this same mistake.

Level 10

@AdamGT Thank You for the tips. I was having difficulty finding the original comment, link was taking me somewhere else for some reason. Thanks for sending me the link, I will replace it with the new screen shot.

Appreciate your help.

Connect Moderator

This is the problem that many have @jayasimha78 so don't feel bad about it and this is another reason for locking-in your place in the 2022 Star Photo "album".  It makes it easier for you and everyone else including me lol.  All current and future leaderboards (well for 2022) will point to your star and you can always easily find your current star either from any of the leaderboard or from the data entry screen itself as shown below:

image.png

I've decided to update that message to perhaps make it a lot clearer. Thanks for your input @jayasimha78 😉

image.png

Level 9

WhatsApp Image 2022-12-31 at 23.42.40.jpeg

Caption: @mbmuhlison's Star Photo of Gudeg Bu Djuminten uploaded onto Google Maps on 2021-09-23 and showing star views of 2,020,545 as at 2022-12-31

Level 8

@chiefzero's Star Photo of Din Tai Fung uploaded onto Google Maps on 2021-05-02 and showing star views of 17,372,855 as at 2022-12-17@chiefzero's Star Photo of Din Tai Fung uploaded onto Google Maps on 2021-05-02 and showing star views of 17,372,855 as at 2022-12-17

this was just a quick shot I took outside my favorite restaurant while waiting to be seated. 

If I knew it was going to be my star photo I would have tried for better timing with less people but then again maybe that wouldn't have hit as well. 

It looks like this is no longer the main photo for the restaurant so its not doing the numbers it once was.

Hopefully I've done everything correctly. 

Level 8

Nice photo @chiefzero 

Amazing number of views too!!

Level 7

Screenshot_20221128-222441.png

Mikeinthefalls's Star Photo of Good Luck uploaded onto Google Maps on 2022-11-02 and showing star views of 1,075,013 as at 2022-11-28

Level 8

@Mikeinthefalls Awesome shot. 

Level 7

@tony_b Thanks so much, I appreciate that! I'll tell ya... I had the Featured Photo at this amazing pizza place for a few months with this photo:

Screenshot_20220719-105221.png

  My first featured photo at Angelo's Pizza

However, as Google sometimes does - They reverted back to a photo that was 5 years old!?  So I felt "challenged" to capture a new Featured Photo! It took multiple attempts of both daytime and nighttime shots, but I finally was able to recapture the coveted #1 spot. 

Have you had that happen before? We're you able to regain the #1? My best to you in this beautiful Tuesday!

Level 8

@Mikeinthefalls That is a beautiful photo! And honestly better than your previous featured one, if you ask me. 

I love your determination too, and kudos on getting your photo featured twice. Hope I can learn more from you.