AdamGT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Local Guides, 2022 Star Photos

0A29DEEA-05CB-4AC7-A8D8-F633A88AC56F.jpeg Caption: @BinodSingh's Star Photo of Bodh Gaya uploaded onto Google Maps on 2017-01-03 and showing star views of 376,229 as at 2022-06-01

This a screenshot of my latest star photo. It’s of the famous Royal Bhutan Monastery which is located in Bodh Gaya. Built upon the orders of Bhutan king, this is an important Buddhist monastery features a 7ft. statue and lodging.

A software developer with DNA of travelling and exploring places.
Level 9

I wanted to publicly thank @AdamGT, a special person who does an invaluable job in making this Local Guide community a special place.
I am a lucky "beta tester" of the data recording system for collecting the "Star Photos" ranking, and I am sure that when hundreds (or maybe thousands, or even millions) of Local Guides get to use it, they will agree with me that @AdamGT has created an excellent system for entering information, simple and well supported.
Obviously everything can be improved, but in Rome it is often said that "the best is the enemy of the good": certainly this system being started is really very good!
A warm greeting of peace and serenity to all Local Guides, especially in this period of strong conflict between peoples: a saying that originates from the work of the Latin writer Plautus, who lived in the second century BC, says "homo homini lupus est" (man is a wolf to the other man), and unfortunately it is still a bitter truth today...
Thanks again, @AdamGT 

Connect Moderator

Oh @AT_Rome I'm truly both excited about and flattered by your comment here and thank you for your amazingly kind words and I just love the saying, "the best is the enemy of the good". The new data entry system is now live so the fun will continue in a much bigger way 🙂

Level 7

Davivienda Bank, Barranquilla, Colombia...oct 24 2022

Star photoStar photo

Caption: @Robert24's Star Photo of Davivienda uploaded onto Google Maps on 2018-09-03 and showing star views of 2,618.436 as at 2022-10-24.

Level 8

Nice work @Robert24  I love random shots that you think would be lucky to get 100 views soar over 1mill...

Level 9

Caption: @turaibalazs's Star Photo of Bar Basso uploaded onto Google Maps on 2014-07-15 and showing star views of 2,264,154 as at 2022-04-02Caption: @turaibalazs's Star Photo of Bar Basso uploaded onto Google Maps on 2014-07-15 and showing star views of 2,264,154 as at 2022-04-02

Thank you @bmuu for the lists and the new update site. 

Bar Basso is located in Milan, Italy, and is famous for its Negroni sbagliato (wrong, erronous Negroni) cocktails.

Bests, 

balázs / passionate traveller / map freak / architect
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Top 100 Photo Views Leaderboards (January, 2022)

This content has been removed.
Connect Moderator

Re: Top 100 Photo Views Leaderboards (January, 2022)

A nice mobile screenshot of your star photo @Anonymous.  However you have posted this on the wrong post.  I will move it there for you so that it will be together with all the star photo of all other Local Guides. Please also revisit the instructions to add a better caption.

Level 7

Re: T100 Photo Views L8 (January, 2022)

My old starphoto screenshot URL got denied in the new leaderboard software, so here is a new one.

FlyingTimo_0-1648996056990.png

note: hmmm, it still says  "input does not meet expected format" 

Connect Moderator

Re: T100 Photo Views L8 (January, 2022)

@FlyingTimo it's being rejected because you are not following the instructions.  You are adding your star photo in the wrong place 😞   For an explanation, I recommend that you select the [i] help link next to the "URL of the Connect post with your screenshot:" label on the data entry field and read and note the explanation detailed there!  In the meantime to help you, I will move your star photo to the Local Guides, 2022 Star Photos post where it should be. Then follow the explanation in the help information I mentioned above. You would also benefit by reading the opening post here 😉