Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Local Guides, 2022 Star Photos

Level 10

Betreff: Local Guides, 2022 Star Photos

Screenshot 2022-11-27 195505.png

Update :

Caption: Star photo by @Markus75 uploaded onto Google Maps on 01/2019 and showing the star views as at 27.11.2022.

Picture shows a Pizzeria in Vienna / Austria.

Connect Moderator

Betreff: Local Guides, 2022 Star Photos

Great shot @Markus75 

Level 10

Caption: Star photo by @AZ_2021 uploaded onto Google Maps on April 2021 and showing the star views as of 3/30/22

Food cravings can be a good thing, as less than a year ago my hunger for a hot dog led to me getting a new Star Photo. The views have skyrocketed on it and superseded the views on an older Star Photo that I had previously shared. 🤗

That day (April 2021), I was craving a Chicago hotdog and how did that craving arise? Well, two events crossed paths--- First, I was doing late night scrolling through TikTok while lying in bed and came across a mouthwatering short of someone devouring a hot dog filled with toppings. Second, I had gotten a mailer that weekend for Weinerschnitzel with coupons for hotdogs and fries.

The next day, I drove into a busy plaza which seemed crowded for a weekday, but it must have been lunch rush.... I saw about eight cars in line at the drive-thru (which was a bit narrow and hard to find). There weren't really many, if any, pictures of the outside on Google Maps. Most were of the food or interior of the restaurant.

While I waited for the line of cars to inch forward, I took pictures of the drive-thru and the exterior of the restaurant. Once uploaded, the photo I took of the exterior was chosen as a Featured Photo, and it made my day! This would mean that it would appear prominently when users search on Google Maps.  At a quick glance, users can see the exterior and find the place easier. Seeing the numbers  today shows just how impactful the photo was. 🙂

That day, I also got to use my BOGO (buy one, get one) coupon and sampled two delicious hot dogs a-la TikTok style (filled with toppings): the Chicago Dog that I craved and a Cabo Dog. Both were just cooked to perfection. I snapped photos of them and then once home, I typed up a review that included insight into the location and the food. 

The lesson of this story? 😉 Follow your stomach and you may encounter your next Star Photo! 😉

====

Edit 9/21/22

Below is my new star photo taken of DeFalco's Italian Deli & Grocery. It looks like this photo and the one above are often neck to neck when it comes to star photo. Both are of the storefront and were featured photos. Storefronts for the win! 🤗

@AZ_2021's Star Photo of DeFalco's Italian Deli & Grocery uploaded onto Google Maps on 2021-06-04 and showing star views of 6,251,268 as at 2022-09-21@AZ_2021's Star Photo of DeFalco's Italian Deli & Grocery uploaded onto Google Maps on 2021-06-04 and showing star views of 6,251,268 as at 2022-09-21

Level 8

@AZ_2021Nice photo. And I really love your story. 😊

Level 10

Level 8

Re: AdamGT's Star Photo

@AdamGT   Your photo hasn't been growing as fast because its not featured anymore, just take a newer snap of the current featured one from 2019

and your views will grow again. You probably know this but thought id let people know.

Level 8

@Robert24   

Your photo hasn't been growing as fast because its not featured anymore, just take a newer snap of the current featured one 

and your views will grow again. You probably know this but thought id let people know.

Connect Moderator

Re: AdamGT's Star Photo

Thanks for the tip @Johnsy05 

Level 7

@Johnsy05 Thank you very much for that idea!...I think it's a good idea!