zander1390's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Local Guide Troubles

I have a concern pertaining to a local guide review on one of my client's restaurants. We work to address low reviews and to make up for anything we could have done wrong, however, this review was 1 star, no comment and one of 19 other seemingly random reviews across the map. We weren't the only 1 star, but the locations reviewed were all over SLC and none had comments. 19 in 1 hour. Now could this have been a legitimate 1 star? Yes, but we would also like to bring up the possibility of spam. If i cold talk to someone on the local guide team or a google employee, that would be awesome, thank you!

1 comment

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Local Guide Troubles

Hey @zander1390,

Thanks for reaching out.

Usually reviews that you believe should not be there need to be reported as described here - Flag inappropriate reviews. If you have discovered a spammer of Google Maps, I will contact you over a private message with more information.

By the way, I noticed that you are using a business account rather than a personal one. I would like to ask you to exit the program with this account as this is a violation of the Local Guides Rules.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Local Guide Troubles

Hey @zander1390,

Thanks for reaching out.

Usually reviews that you believe should not be there need to be reported as described here - Flag inappropriate reviews. If you have discovered a spammer of Google Maps, I will contact you over a private message with more information.

By the way, I noticed that you are using a business account rather than a personal one. I would like to ask you to exit the program with this account as this is a violation of the Local Guides Rules.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators