Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Local Events

Hello from Huntington Beach, CA

Where do you suggest I post upcoming local events, such as:

2018 Huntington Beach Onesie Bar Crawl

It's quite a thing here in HB

I understand that LGC is more for Meetups, etc., but as an LG I would like to share public events on platforms other than FB.

Thank you in advance.

Mark Barrus

Huntington Beach, CA, United States
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Local Events

Hi @MarkBarrus I share selected major local events here on Connect. I tend to evaluate if the event would be a major draw card for locals and tourists from other places to help me decide which are good for Connect and which are good for other channels.

Regards Paul

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hi @MarkBarrus I share selected major local events here on Connect. I tend to evaluate if the event would be a major draw card for locals and tourists from other places to help me decide which are good for Connect and which are good for other channels.

Regards Paul

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich  and @KarenVChin

I'm happy to see local short-term events beginning to show up on Google Maps.

Here's a Race for the Cure event in Seattle today:

https://goo.gl/gCwPLF

and a Music festival

https://goo.gl/8jSGV7

My Contributions | G+ Profile | My Local Guides G+ Collection

Connect Moderator

Hi @MarkBarrus yes it will be an interesting feature when it rolls out more widely, please note that I think this is still a non public feature that is invitation only (at least to add). I can see it being really useful as it gets populated and look forward to wide adoption. These events answer lots of problems like food trucks, community events, Meetups, etc.

Regards Paul

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich, @MarkBarrus,

Will GLG's be able to add onto Google Maps? Like Mark said, there are many events that might be handy to know about, like parades. It could influence a decision to go to or stay away from whatever part of town is on a parade route.

I agree, it might even be a game changing feature.

Screenshot_20180706-112544.jpg

Connect Moderator

Great question @FullCleveland I don't have an answer for you unfortunately.