RJ1's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9
Level 9

Life is Too Short for Bad Experiences

I am continually looking for new businesses and experiences to explore in my community and when I travel. That is why the contributions from Local Guides are so vital to me. Being able to access Local Guide reviews and feedback has saved me time and money.Larrabetzu, Spain - Photo with Chef Eneko Atxa - AzurmendiLarrabetzu, Spain - Photo with Chef Eneko Atxa - Azurmendi

Time – I can quickly Google reviews of businesses, rather than using 2-3 different apps and trying to sort through which reviews are real and what reviews are edited to improve a business’ reputation. When I read reviews, I like to see what level the reviewer is. Knowing my review is provided by a Local Guide that has invested time in the platform gives me more confidence in the accuracy of the review.

Money – Local Guide Reviews have helped me to avoid bad meals, bad experiences, dangerous areas, and sleepless nights in hotels. LC Reviews have also helped me to spend my money where I will find value and select the best products/food/services a business has to offer. I’ve been able to find so many tips in the reviews that I often do not need to research multiple travel sites to plan my itinerary.

Knowing how important Local Guide Reviews are to my everyday life, I make it my duty to do the same for others. It is like paying it forward. I know that my reviews will help others get the best experiences out of their travels. Life is too short to have bad experiences. Seeing the increasing number of people that read my reviews and see my photos lets me know my contributions make a difference.

While I love to provide contributions that everyone can use, I also enjoy that I can make the world safer for specific communities. My passions are making sure that the LGBTQ community avoids any businesses that are dangerous or unwelcoming. Sadly, there are still places that LGBTQ people are not welcome. Avoiding negative experiences helps travelers and also redirects revenue to welcoming businesses.

After attending the 2018 Local Guide Connect, making the world a better place for people with impairments or disabilities has become a passion. I now see the world through a different set of eyes. I am so much more aware of steps, small spaces, narrow aisles, and uneven ground. I want to make sure everyone is welcome and that when a person visits a business, they know what to expect.

We all work hard for our money, and we want to spend it on the best experiences. Local Guides allows me to improve people’s daily lives without even meeting them. However, when you are a Local Guide, you often get the pleasure of meeting your fellow contributors face to face.

Atlanta - My Favorite ViewAtlanta - My Favorite View

Chicago - Grant ParkChicago - Grant Park

Arizona - The Beauty of a ButteArizona - The Beauty of a Butte

Key West, FL My Favorite Cuban Sandwich ShopKey West, FL My Favorite Cuban Sandwich Shop

Chicago - Gay Pride ParadeChicago - Gay Pride Parade

Chicago Christmas MarketChicago Christmas Market

Arizona - Grand CanyonArizona - Grand Canyon

Arizona - ArcosantiArizona - Arcosanti

3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Life is Too Short for Bad Experiences

Hi @RJ1. I have just released your post from the Spam Filters. I would like to apologize for your post being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times. You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

I’d also recommend you to read 14 helpful tips for using Connect topic where you can find some great tips that will help you get started.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Connect Moderator

Agreed @RJ1 . Maps helps me maximize my time too! Why have an average day when it can be a spectacular one?

Level 9
Level 9

@Kwiksatik Everyday with you is spectacular! 

1003905317.gif