Regis87's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Level 5 benefits

Hello,

I'm Local Guide level 5 since recently, and I would like to have more information on the benefits of this status.

In the help, it is indicated that it allows to: Take advantage of the opportunities reserved for certified testers. Access Google products and features before they are accessible to the general public.

Do you have any examples of features I can have with this status? For example, I've seen Google start deploying Google Assistant in France, and I'm surprised that the first ones to benefit from it are not the Local Guide level 5.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regis

50 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Level 5 benefits

@Regis87 The product testing opportunities are very situational. It will be offered on a need to basis, and there's no exact timeline on when it will happen. It will differ based on where you live as well. When there's an opportunity for testing, usually you will get a survey email to check whether you're suitable for the testing or not. So I say for now keep an eye on your inbox and make sure your profile is configured to receive all communications from the Local Guides team.

And yes, I can confirm that there were a few opportunities offered to Local Guides level 5 in the past, all related to a new product launch, or early access to a feature to a current product (non hardware related).

View solution in original post

Level 7

Level 5 Benefits

Hey y'all, I reached level 5 about a week ago and in my confirmation email it said that I would be a google insider and would be able to test google products before public release. Well, that's all that my email said. Does anyone have experience with being a google insider, or can anyone tell me how this works? I'm just interested in this program and I'm wondering how it works.  I really want to get involved with the beta testings and becoming a google insider

Former Google Contributor

Re: Level 5 Benefits

Hi Leonard,

"Google Insider" isnt a program or official title of any kind, it just means getting the inside scoop on Google things. We periodically roll out trusted testing opportunities based on what is happening at Google and which Local Guides qualify. For example, we may roll out a trusted testing opportunity to L5 English speaking Android users, which if you are an iPhone user, you wouldn't hear about. We also often give Local Guides early access to features. Like the ability to answer questions in Google Maps rolled out only to Local Guides for awhile 🙂

I hope that helps answer your question!

Level 7

Thank you it definitely does answer my question.  I guess as a follow up, how would a L5 English speaking android user hear about the opportunity and how would google know that I am even a android user?

Connect Moderator

You will usually get a survey when a new opportunity arises. That's when you specify which phone you have and other details.

Level 8

Hello CorrieD. I would like to ask you if google insiders is the same with google testers.Thank you in advance.

Level 10

Но ведь не только англоязычные пользователи могут вам помочь. Эксперты из других стран и в частности из России тоже хотят помогать Google и участвовать в различных программах также как и эксперты из европы или из США. Я знаю, что Вы не забываете о нас и огромное спасибо за поддержку!

Я, кстати, уже тестирую новые версии Google maps!

Efimov Pavel
Level 8

Benefit level 5+ LocalGuide

Hi,

If i am level 5 Local Guide, (now i am level 4) is there much chance that you can test a Google product?    Of course i like it to write reviews.

Level 5

Re: Benefit level 5+ LocalGuide

Yes @Sebastian5, you can test Beta maps as an example.

Connect Moderator

Re: Benefit level 5+ LocalGuide

For testing beta version for Maps is actually available publicly. Everyone can sign up for it, and it's not just for level 5 Local Guides (for Android only). More details can be found here:

Beta test the Google Maps app on Android

As for level 5 specific beta testing, it will be offered on as needed basis. Keep an eye on your email inbox for future opportunities. Make sure your Local Guides setting is configured to receive emails from the LG team!

lg_email.PNG