CosminS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Language used for reviewing

Hello Friend,

You can write only one review for one post. This is sure & possible when you find a new place or on a photograph uploaded by you also where there is no review published so far. Better keep your Bluetooth in on condition while you travel so that Google could know your authenticity of the projected upload/review.

The best procedure may be to find a new place(which is not available in Google Map) provide the building number/name, unit number including level , post it on Google Map. After posting edit the post and make a real writeup & post it. Once the post appear on the map post photographs, if any - each post will attract one point each.

Happy contribution.

Spoiler

Level 7

Dear friend, I understand that one can only post a review in one language...the point here is, for example if I bury a review in English amongst many Italian reviews, how does the searcher know which language to use for his review search.  Will one review in English surface during a search performed by an Italian for example?  This is my dilemma.

@BabuH wrote:

Hello Friend,

You can write only one review for one post. This is sure & possible when you find a new place or on a photograph uploaded by you also where there is no review published so far. Better keep your Bluetooth in on condition while you travel so that Google could know your authenticity of the projected upload/review.

The best procedure may be to find a new place(which is not available in Google Map) provide the building number/name, unit number including level , post it on Google Map. After posting edit the post and make a real writeup & post it. Once the post appear on the map post photographs, if any - each post will attract one point each.

Happy contribution.

Spoiler

Level 7

I Agree, I mean, I live in Mexico, probably everyone that will read my review will understand only spanish, but what if I want to post in English, for tourist, or to attract tourists, then what?

Level 8

Mother tongue ! Esta ma réponse! World globalisé...

😉 

Swiss | Switzerland | Suisse francophone Level 8 : visitez moi Ne passez pas à coté d'un J'AIME et marquer les réponses comme solution. Android|Jean-Luc|Suisse romande|Switzerland french speaking area|Google Maps Local Guide Level 8 https://goo.gl/maps/HuzFUEBbgtt
Level 5

Personally I prefer English

@CosminSh wrote:

Dear local guides, 

I would like to know what language to use when I write a review: the native language or English. Which is the best option to be able to help people more efficiently?

Thank you.

Level 7

yeah, I have the same question...as I speak Ukrainian, Russian, English, Italian and German, but at the very moment I live in Italy...so is it better to cover Italians or better to aim for tourists? 

It's definitely true that there are tons of tourists to check info, but what about Italians? They also need verified info...and I feel a little bit cheating when posting two equal posts in two languages...

Level 3

Me gustaria usar el lenguaje español,saludos.

Level 2

BAHASA INGGRIS LEBIH MUDAH

Level 7

Usually, I will write a review in English as I want to make sure everyone can understand it.

Sometimes I'll write it in Hebrew (my language) but only if I think it will have a better impact or I'm having trouble expressing myself in English