MakaraS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

LG Program Rules Violation

I've just received an email from the local guides team saying that I violate the program rules by *not* contributing as an individual; but I've always been contributing as an individual from the very beginning. I am also asked to change my account name in order to contribute as an individual. I don't know how this happened, and should I change my account name?

19 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: LG Program Rules Violation

Hey @MakaraS

I think I know what is going on...

If you take a look at the Local Guides Terms and Conditions, you will see that companies are not eligible for the program.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/local/guides/rules/

"Organizations, brands and businesses are not eligible for the program. If you offer services for hire (such as marketing yourself as a Street View trusted provider), you are not allowed to bundle such services with your Local Guide membership."

That can be happening maybe because your email account is also your profissional email... (Or not?)

To be very honest with you, I have already seen other LG with professional email accounts here on Connect.

I suggest you to take this case to a Moderator, to take any questions. And also, never ever identify yourself as a company. 

Hope to have helped,

Hugs 😉

Lucas Kellermann - Indaial SC
Local Guide & Waze Map Editor

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Hey @MakaraS

I think I know what is going on...

If you take a look at the Local Guides Terms and Conditions, you will see that companies are not eligible for the program.

https://www.google.com/intl/en/local/guides/rules/

"Organizations, brands and businesses are not eligible for the program. If you offer services for hire (such as marketing yourself as a Street View trusted provider), you are not allowed to bundle such services with your Local Guide membership."

That can be happening maybe because your email account is also your profissional email... (Or not?)

To be very honest with you, I have already seen other LG with professional email accounts here on Connect.

I suggest you to take this case to a Moderator, to take any questions. And also, never ever identify yourself as a company. 

Hope to have helped,

Hugs 😉

Lucas Kellermann - Indaial SC
Local Guide & Waze Map Editor
Level 10

Level 9
Level 9

@MKRL wrote:

I am also asked to change my account name in order to contribute as an individual. 

If they're asking you to change your name then that's probably what you'll have to do. Your name 'MKR LAB' makes you look like a business even if you are an individual, this probably looks a bit strange on reviews, most local guides just use their actual given names.

Level 8

@MakaraS

Hope you are not using /uploading photos clicked by others and sharing your first hand experience only otherwise I could not think of any other reason. Just reconsider whatever has been added or uploaded your account and follow the instructions sent by google and that may help you restore your account fully.

Cheers  !

Level 8

Hi @MakaraS,

I agree with @LucasKellermann, you should tag one of our Gogole Moderators so that they advice you for further actions needed.

Level 7

Thanks a lot, @LucasKellermann. What you mentioned make sense. It looks like the Local Guides Team considered my name as an acronym/abbreviation of a business. 

After changing my account name to my full name, the team acknowledges that I am now contributing to the maps as an individual.

I think it's my fault for putting shorthand of my name instead of my full name. A new lesson for today!

Thanks,

Makara

Level 7

Thank you! @ProfArunCM.
Level 7

You're right, @Pea. I've changed my name, and everything is ok now. 🙂
Level 7

@deepak_bhalla, I didn't do any of these. The problem was because my account name was in shorthand and it made the team think I am contributing as a brand/org/biz.

Thank you!