Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Kudos Recognition Ratio.

@MedRidaZ thanks bro, thats very kind of, but am already a graduate of physics and astronomy, so am done with schools and tuition, though am not done

@MedRidaZ wrote:

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ

i'm a financial bro, I can give you individual tuitions Mate 😉

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ wrote:

@OSAMA i will calculate that later, hope you understand that mathematics isnt an easy subject

learning.

Level 9

@ProfArunCM i think you should give more kudos😉

@ProfArunCM wrote:

Mine is K = 2200/1000 = 2.2, what do you think about it. @Briggs

@DanielaBP

@MedRidaZ

@OSAMA

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ

@Briggs wrote:

Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 23.51.36.png
I actually just received the "Gave 100 Kudos" badge just a few moments ago. Yay!

But why just now? What makes a kudos worth something? Why kudos? Well essentially it's a form of recognition, that you acknowledge and see someone else's post as one that is captivating, or in the simplest form like in Facebook, something that you just like. The amount/volume of portrayal that you actually like the post varies by person to person, and so I'll leave that to your imagination.

I've observed many people, with quite a few actually simultaneously receiving the "Gave and Received 5,000 Kudos" badges. It's pretty amazing that people are equally as giving and that they receive wholly in return. For many people, their belief is that if you just keep on giving, you'll keep on receiving and it will go like that. For others still, they're a little bit more pickier with their kudos (such as myself), and try to piece together what's "quality content" as to what a kudo represents. For example, giving kudos to very short replies. And then you have the people who give kudos to pretty much every post and the select few who give none a kudo.

So I thought it would be fun to put together a scale, known as the "Kudos Recognition Ratio". Just like all the numbers, you take the total amount of kudos that you've received from others and you divide it by the total amount of kudos that you've given to other guides. Refer to the formula below:kudosratio.png

What's your kudos ratio? I've made a few categories on the kudos scale below, check it out. If you scored:

• K > 10, you are a kudos monster! You're either someone who tries to give out kudos but for some reason ends up with the kudos attracting back to you, or you're the type who makes posts and doesn't really look much at other posts. That's okay.
  • 3 > K ≥ 10, you are a kudos hoarder! You love your kudos too much to let them go. That or you're very much revered in the world of kudos, everyone checks up on you and flocks to see what you'll post next.
  • 1.2 > K ≥ 3, you are a kudos prince/princess! You're simply royalty and beloved, you're fun to be around and one of the popular ones on the block. 
  • 0.8 ≥ K ≥ 1.2, you are a kudos jedi! You seek balance and justice, giving as to give and to receive, as to receive. You find and strike the delicate balance and keep the world peace.
  • 0.5 > K ≥ 0.8, you are a kudos farmer! You captivate and cultivate kudos all around to encourage people to keep on keeping on, posting great content and supporting them intrinsically. You're happy-go-lucky and seek happiness for all!
  • 0.1 ≥ K ≥ 0.5, you are a kudos wizard/witch! Somehow, everyone around you is mystified by the amount of kudos that you possess and put spells on them. It doesn't matter if you get your kudos back, it's better out there for everyone to experience the magic!
  • K < 0.1, you are a kudos cloud! You embody kudos all over you, and shower everyone from high up above with all your love and gratitude. You might probably be afraid of heights, hey come down back to earth by making some posts/replies so we can give you kudos too! 
  • K = 1, you are a kudos paragon. You have achieved equilibrium by balancing the kudos you receive and the kudos that you give to others. You set an example of excellence by equally contributing to the world your thoughts, kindness and ideas while you equally motivate others to post great, quality content.

So feel free to share your result if you want. Hehe, this is for fun, not sure why I made up something like this but kudos are pretty fun things anyway. Have fun and tag away!

Level 8

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ

Wow !!  congratulations bro to be graduated in physics and astronomy it so amazing... happy to meet you bro!!

Level 9

@MedRidaZ glad to meet you too bro, thanks

@MedRidaZ wrote:

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ

Wow !!  congratulations bro to be graduated in physics and astronomy it so amazing... happy to meet you bro!!

Level 8

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ

you're welcome mate !

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ wrote:

@MedRidaZ glad to meet you too bro, thanks

@MedRidaZ wrote:

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ

Level 8

Hahahaha, this is a great ratio.

Kudos to you!

Level 6

Now THAT'S worthy of a Kudo!

Level 9

Wow @Briggs, I'm a number and stats guy and even this is a lot of numbers. I'm at 1.91 kudos ratio. 371/194

I guess I spend more time reading and less time contributing. 

Level 10

The Kudos Statistics

2500 Kudos.png

Hello kudos lovers! Your kudos professor finally breached 2.5k kudos received, and is now halfway to attaining the final kudos received goal. This is all thanks to your diligent efforts, your involvement in this community and the great things we share with one another.

Today, I can't share another calculation or ratio like I have before. But I would like to share a little bit of statistics regarding kudos! Yes, I still continue to howl down at kudos, and to this day even many newbies still do not understand the sophisticated structure of such a phenomenon! It isn't brain surgery, but we can pretend it's like that right?

Anywho, onwards we go! These statistics are current as at November 17th 2017.

General information

Local Guides Connect currently has a staggering 420,503 members.

Out of all those eligible 37,973 different LGs have given kudos to 31,186 different LGs. 
That means that only 9% of all LGs have given at least one kudos, and 7.4% of all LGs have received at least one!

Where is the other 91%?

Kudos Stas.png

Except for the initial benchmark and the 5 and 25 thresholds, there is a strong uniform logarithmic distribution between kudos received and kudos given, with slightly more kudos given rather than received. The slight imbalance in kudos received in the 5 and 25 thresholds are probably the straddlers that only give a handful of kudos after posting one singular topic (less than 5) and then disappearing.

Specific Accolades

Local Guides Connect has had 695324 kudos given and received.

@OSAMA currently has the highest amount of kudos at 35,054, and represents 5% of all kudos given.

The top five top kudoed authors collectively represents 13% of all kudos.

Remember my fellow guides, you can see your current kudos ranking in this page.

Keep on kudoing comrades!

EDIT: A word.

Level 10