BruceDM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: Known issue: Local Guides reaching Trusted SV Status not receiving Badge/Invite

@brightmotion - Great! If you encounter issues again please drop us a line here.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 5

Re: Known issue: Local Guides reaching Trusted SV Status not receiving Badge/Invite

I would appreciate very much if someone could assist me with my issue.

I have published 54 photosphere and approved in Google Street View but I cannot turn on available for hire slider in settings. I am receiving message that it require fifty photos, which I already have. I have posted last 9 photos few days ago and they are approved too.

Level 6

Hello, 

I have a problem with turning on my "Available for hire" switch. I am using an LG 360 camera to capture my images. I have managed to have 73 of my images published and even gone through each one of them to confirm that they have been "Maps Approved".

Is there something I am missing or need to do in order to get the Trusted Photographer badge? 

Level 9

@Benarudo  I had a similar problem and it turned out that some of my pictures got downsized based on how I uploaded them. I increased the image size in photoshop and also found that these smaller one shot 360 cameras are close to the minimum size requirement and can get a map approved but be way under the right size requirement that the approval process needs. I went to my pictures and downloaded the published pictures and checked the sizes to find some of the bad ones then just posted more that were larger to get the button to turn on.  The way it is uploaded also makes a difference and some say it is better to do it directly from your phone, not from google photos. Also, check that you are not at your storage limit in google photos. I had to increase mine. I tried so many things not really sure any one thing fixed it. 

Level 6

Thank you for replying to my concern @Davi.

I usually take my images using LG's 360 Cam app, transfer them straight to my phone and upload them onto streetview. I tried to use the streetview app to take 360 photos by connecting it to the camera but it did not work out that well. 

With regards to size, I checked all my images that I took with the camera and the dimensions were 5660x2830px. From the requirements indicated here, I see that my images are above the required size (5,300 x 2,650). If there was a review done to these image requirements, it would be great to have a look at them instead of us working with the obsolete ones (if at all they are obsolete). 

Level 6

My problem has finally been resolved. I have now received the Trusted badge and my "Available for hire" switch can be turned on. Whatever someone did on the back end to sort it out, I say thank you.

Level 7

Re: Help becoming a trusted pro

@BruceDM Do you know, this issue is still out here?

Former Google Contributor

Hello @ZekariasT -

I cannot confirm if there are any issues related to Street View badge issues at this time. If you are having any issues, we do have Street View Moderators that can help you and/or other members of the community with a Street View related issue. I am sharing their names here. Please feel free to tag one of the Street View moderators with any questions related to the program: @SonyaN, @Yohanad, @VicL1

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Level 1

Hello @ZekariasT

Please let us know if you have any problem when you tray to enable the "Available for hire" option so we can investigate your case!

Best, 

Level 7

@LuciaC Yes I have encountered this problem.  It says "Requires  fifty published and in 360 photos", even if I have the required amount.