Ch-Marwen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Kids in India are Learning with Google Earth & Local Guides

The India Literacy Project teamed up with Google Earth to help teach children about India’s historical landmarks, and Local Guides are helping. When you share 360 photos on Google Maps, your great shots also show up on Google Earth to help people explore the world. Watch to learn more about the project’s mission and see how your photos could end up in the classroom.

Tunisia Local Guides
14 comments
Level 10

Re: Kids in India are Learning with Google Earth & Local Guides

Hi @Ch-Marwen

Thanks for sharing this information.

It is indeed, pleasure & proud moments for each Local Guide, that their contribution to Maps, are helping students and showing 3D views of World, in classroom of remote village.

Cheers all LGs !!

Keep Mapping to create bright future of Students.

Vijay Desai.

Level 8

Help India to educate.

https://youtu.be/ry4qLrPw2F8 must watch this video as it is a very good initiative and should initiate for it.

Level 5

Beautiful Initiative by Google Local Guides

Hey!

Hope everyone is well and happy out there! 

Have you guys checked out the beautiful initiative that Google has initiated with The India Literacy Project? The local guides are helping out by clicking pictures of all the monuments in different cities. Simply loved the idea! So simple, yet so empowering. 

Watch their video here - https://youtu.be/ry4qLrPw2F8

If you are living in India or visiting, don't forget to click a picture or a video of a monument that you'd visit next. 

Former Google Contributor

Re: Help India to educate.

Hi @Tyagilakshay,

Thank you for appreciating the initiative. 

I'm going to merge your post with Kids in India are Learning with Google Earth & Local Guides that @Ch-Marwen posted.

In fact, have you considered How to Organize a Local Guides Meet-Up about Indian schools? Very cute photos could come out, in my opinion. @Maneetkaur, you might also be interested.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Re: Beautiful Initiative by Google Local Guides

It's good to see you excited about the initiative, @Maneetkaur.

I'm merging your post with the fast-growing Kids in India are Learning with Google Earth & Local Guides on the subject so you can discuss it with the other fellow Local Guides in your area.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 5

Hi @IrrPavlova! Thank you so much for merging my post in this thread. Eager to learn more about this initiative! 🙂 

Level 5

Hey @IrrPavlova! Do you know more about this initiative or how we can learn more about this program?

What more apart from the information in the Kids in India are Learning with Google Earth & Local Guidesdo you need to know, @Maneetkaur? 🙂

Level 7

India Literacy Project

Being a local guide is an extraordinary feeling. Yesterday I watched this video of school children getting virtual tours of many famous places. This is happening due to significant efforts of local guides. The school children with the help of this project are getting aware of Indian culture and heritage. This idea of taking virtual tours to the children at remote locations is helping them to get more out of it.