Sophia_Cambodia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Jewel of Oregon [USA]

US is such a huge country and there are many things to explore. Washington alone has uncountable touristic sites and attractions let's alone the entire USA. I cannot wait to explore more of them in the future. I believe views in Summer, Spring and Autumn are a lot more interesting since there are so many kinds of trees in this park!

What a view, unfortunately it was raining while we were visiting! (USA)What a view, unfortunately it was raining while we were visiting! (USA)

360 view at Vista House, 2 miles before the fall360 view at Vista House, 2 miles before the fall

I have a great time exploring parts of Washington, yet able to go to Oregon and see the difference.

Well, I haven't seen much of Oregon, just few places and Portland City. 

Oregon is a special state actually because locals told me that it is the only state that do not take tax on all kinds of products. So, many people travel to Oregon to buy products back home. I think this made Oregon very special. However, the state itself is so lively and attractive with various attractions for visitors like myself. I love the fall I have seen and I can say it is the jewel of this state besides many other uncountable attractions.

Me and the fall!Me and the fall!

What to see in Oregon? Well, there are many places to go and see, look here to learn more about where to go or what to see in Oregon. I cannot tell how many other attractions or write them down. There are so much to do and see around the state!

I would like to talk about one place that I visited. It is Multnomah Falls: it is a scenic natural area with steep falls, with two levels - upper falls is 542 ft and lower falls is 69ft, google map is here. it is about 30mns drive from Portland city. It is very popular for locals and tourists, said to be attracted about 2million visitors per year. The car park capacity can hold 186 cars, but the visiting car rate is estimated to be 13 times per day. There, you can do many things such as walk along the path under the freeway to access the viewing platforms, hiking trails, and Multnomah Lodge.

• Visiting the mall for various products - without tax!
  • Crater Lake National Park: Crater Lake, Wizard Island & Rim Drive
  • Mount Hood: Volcanic mountain with Timberline Lodge
  • Many other places!
Portland, OR, USA
28 comments
Level 9

Re: Jewel of Oregon [USA]

Another amazing post from you @Sophia_Cambodia I really love all the photos you have attached in this post. Thanks for sharing this nice post with us here. Stay safe. Regards.

Connect Moderator

Level 9

Dear @Sophia_Cambodia

I also waiting to read your post.

Nice place you traveled and shared with us but I'm hear that you didn't enjoy it well in the rain. 

Greetings from Barishal, Bangladesh.
Former Google Contributor

Hello @Sophia_Cambodia,

Thank you for sharing your trip and these amazing photos with us! 

The area looks breath taking, the bridge with the waterfall are simply amazing! 

How far is this place from the closest inhabited area? Is this a famous destination among locals and tourists? 

Is this an open air space or there is a huge gate that opens and closes at a certain moment of the day?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Beautiful photographs @Sophia_Cambodia I have seen this Waterfall so many times on Instagram, it must really be a popular place to visit. Shame about the rain, but still it is an amazing place. Glad you had fun.

Connect Moderator

The bridge across the waterfall looks majestic.

Did you also go to the bridge @Sophia_Cambodia 

Level 10

The photographs in your post are amazing @Sophia_Cambodia 

KFUPM, Technology Transfer Executive
Connect Moderator

The weather may not have been kind @Sophia_Cambodia but from your great photos it looks like you got see some nice parts of Portland.  The USA is certainly a large country with something for everyone, just so much to see and do especially if you're a Local Guide 😉

Leaderboards of Top 100 Local Guides from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator