HelloJess's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Introducing new badges on Google Maps

I still don't have any of the updated badges on my web-based local guides account, nor in my Google Maps app on my Android phone. It's been a month since this was announced, so what's going on?

Level 7

No badges for me, Android (Chile)

Level 10

Checked on Android in USA from an account from INDIA and could see New Badges, liked it. 

@HelloJess @Jecka @microwink @Budisoft @4ward42

Level 8

A month ago @backy0175L was kind enough to post a text list of what all the badges are and what the requirements are.

After thinking about them, and talking with people, some questions have surfaced so I thought I'd post them here.

How, exactly, does a Google Maps picture get its view count increased? What physically needs to happen for that view count to up from xx to xx+1?

For the Reviewer Badge, for Expert it says "Write reviews that are marked as helpful 5 times" and Master is "Write reviews that are marked as helpful 50 times". "Write reviews" is ambiguous. Is that two reviews that have been marked helpful 5 or 50 times? Ten reviews? Thirty reviews? I live in a city with over eighty thousand people. I have written over one hundred reviews. My highest helpful review was written about six months ago for a fairly popular discount store. It currently has five thumbs up (and one is mine, the other is my wife's.)

Keeping in mind that I haven't gotten the new badges yet.... For Fact Finder, how do we know how many Edits we've verified? All I can see is how many Edits I've done.

I know it's a bunch of questions, but I didn't want to make a thread for each question.

Paul Bender
Level 8

@HelloJess

My Google Maps Local Guides badges have disappeared from my profile after I activated location history.
Not certain if it has to do with the fact that Google Location history was showing location for two mobile devices (two Note 8 devices).
On or about October 10th my original Note 8 was replaced by my provider due to a security incident.

I performed a restart to see if it would correct itself to no avail.

Please helpLost my badgesLost my badges

Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is the inventor of the Google Local Maps Guide? Or the persons name the created it?

Level 10

Still no badge update for Indian user. No clue from Google too.

Level 9

You will get  notification about the update

Screenshot_20171114-161955.png

Level 10

Level 10