ArielleM_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself - May 2018

Hi @Icok,

A warm welcome to the world of Local Guides. In the month of may. Have a nice month with helping a lot of people.

Regards

Ravindranath Sawane

India
Level 10

Hi everyone! Please let a moment to introduce myself to the community:

Name: MAHMUDUR RAHMAN POLASH

IMG_20180501_235538.jpg

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that my contributions have a HUGE impact in the world and help millions of people everyday!  A single contribution from a Local Guide on Google Maps can help users around the world make informed decisions that could result in a wonderful experience. I love to giving right information to Google Maps that can help Millions of people .

I love to share: I love to add and edit places. Wherever I go I try to use "Check the Facts" and look for missing information. I love to share photos so that other Local Guides can see the world through my eyes. I love to add and edit places and I enjoy in edit places,I am also love to Add Photos. 

When I was at Worlds longest unbroken sea beachWhen I was at Worlds longest unbroken sea beach

How did I hear about Local Guides: Basically in profession I am a  banker, some time ago when working with panaromio which is now closed, I saw this amazing group of people who share the same passion as I do. Then One day i start traveling a place but the place i don't know where is this,Then i search on Google Maps & found it, Maps show me a Pop-up join as a Local Guide so i Join this amazing Community of people's around the Globe.

Passion: I always try to work out that weekend to love to discover local foods and local area everywhere I go and also love to go-to long drive. I love photography and hoped that I could be a nature photographer next time. That’s me attempting to shoot anything that appears to me interesting.

Level 10

Wow.... @ArielleM_ Nice introduction. 

Me and My Street View Car...Me and My Street View Car...

1. Name: Anuradha Piyadasa

2. Location: Kalutara Sri Lanka

3. What I love about being a Local Guide:

I love to help people from my childhood. As a professional and father of three daughters, I find it difficult to find time to help other people as I would love. The Local Guide Program has helped me to do what I love from the childhood.  The Local Guides program and the contributions to the Google Maps has helped me to provide my help to millions of people around the globe.

I love photography and the Google Maps has given me an opportunity to share my photos while taking them for fun and self-stratification. 

It is my dream to record all the archaeological sites in Sri Lanka. The Google Maps is helping me to achieve this through my contributions while letting others know about the archaeological sites in Sri Lanka. These contributions will be there for future generations, since Google has a sound hardware platform and their systems are more reliable. This is the other main reason that motivate me to contribute to the Google Maps.

The contribution to the Google Maps has helped me to find lots of friends around the world, this is another motivation to contribute to the Google Maps. In my country the contributions I have made to the Google Maps have brought new recognition for me, this is something I never expected, this always tell me you have gain a lot from your contributions and you must keep on contributing.

Apart from those reasons, it gives me a self-satisfaction by seeing how many times I have helped people to make their decisions when I scroll through the pictures, reviews and Q&As. The points, although it is not a motivation for me but when I look at the figures I feel proud about my contributions.

4. My favorite food: Sambol, Tempered Dry Fish,  Dhal Curry and Red Rice

5. Fun Fact about me: Mapping.... 

If you want to know more about me please read my introduction post for the Local Guides Summit 2017 and Connect Live 2018.

These are the recaps of meetups I hosted in last month.

Level 9

Hi @Haseeb,

A warm welcome to the Month of May. Have a nice month with helping out lots of people and by adding more place which are hidden to Google Maps.

Regards

Ravindranath Sawane

India
Level 9

Hi @RyRo,

A warm welcome to you in the month of May. Have a nice month with a lot of contribution.

Regards

Ravindranath Sawane

India
Level 6

@ArielleM_ Awesome family you’ve got. 

My name is Femi. From Lagos Nigeria. Live in Tralee Ireland. 

Level 9

Hi @AkmalB,

A warm welcome to the LG community. Your doing amazing by helping out people. Have a nice month with a lot of contribution.

Regards

Ravindranath Sawane

India
Level 9

Hi @AkmalB,

It's nice to meet you bro.

Regards

Ravindranath Sawane

India
Level 9

Hi @Rezgar,

A warm welcome to the Month of May. Have a great month with a lot of contribution.

Regards

Ravindranath Sawane

India
Level 9

Hi @Kwiksatik,

A warm welcome to the LG Connect. In this month of May. Have a nice month.

Regards

Ravindranath Sawane

India