Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2017

Hi @棠陳,

分享一下闗於在Message Tag中用中文的一些經驗. 

當使用英文(半形)時, comma(逗號)是可以作為分開二個MT的附號的. 

但當用中文全形的逗號時, 就沒有區分的作用了. 

請你有空時試試看. 

Level 10

Introduce Yourself — March 2017

The "IntroduceYourself" threads  get really long so we start new ones regularly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads to see who already joined and where they are from. If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. 

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community. 

To start, let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Rodrigo
  2. Location: Vancouver, Canada & Santiago, Chile [Double Location]
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: 

Well, I'm just a simple, friendly and crazy Chilean guy, who has only one dream... traveling around the world and learning about new cultures.

After spending a few years studying and working hard, I realized how empty I felt. So, I decided to make my dream comes true and I made an important change to my boring life.

Thus, I took my empty wallet (literally), my backpack and I got a loan, and since September 2010 I have been traveling, working, volunteering and making heaps of new friends all around the world; especially in Asia & Oceania, and now, it is time for CANADA!
    When I started my trip, I never thought how far I could reach... but now this "Traveling Addiction" is part of me and I will do everything necessary to keep myself going.
    However, I never wanted to be selfish, so I’m always sharing my travel experiences and know-how with everyone I meet, because I know that one day I would be able to help others to be brave enough to face their fears, in order to make their dreams come true.

4. I love to share: It is hard to decide, however, I like to share my knowledge and advice about Traveling, Social Media Marketing and its importance [that's why I provide FREE MKT to Smal Businesses/PME].
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I have been traveling since 2010, using Google during my whole experience and in the last years, slowly being part of Local Guides.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: NOONE KNOWS MY REAL NAME - ALMOST 95% OF THE PEOPLE KNOW ME AS "KENNY

I'm more than happy to help others and share stories!

Cheers!

Level 1

Hi everyone!!

1. Name: Stuart Welsh
  2. Location: Newton Aycliffe, County Durham
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Where I am in the world, I can open Google Maps and get great recommendations from people and their opinions.
  4. As a business owner: Reading reviews and taking an interest in local competition. Also reviews and opinions within local communities that i travel to when out in the van or with my family. 
  5. About myself: My business is called Ultimate Handyman Services, i am self employed. I travel all over the North East of England meeting people and carrying out work in their properties. I have a loving family scattered all over England. My dog Bert is a chocolate Labrador adopted from the  Labrador Welfare Centre in Sheffield. He is the most daft and placid dog anyone can meet. When he was at the Super Vets, Wear Valley Referrals Hospital. They saved his life. All of the staff including the cleaners asked after him. Burt become fixture and fittings after 3 weeks. His recovery was very slow.     
Level 3

hi my name is Jamie. I used google maps lots so I decided to join local guides!

Level 6

1. Name: Divyesh
  2. Location: Dubai
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: colour and information
  4. I love to share: Or course whatever I know I will share
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: When I clicked maps.google.com I found it.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I'm tech person, so, I love to try every new technology and other thing.
Level 2

let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Asana/Nieka
  2. Location: Jamaica
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Just the fact that I'm able to help anyone who needs to move around in my country satisfies me.
  4. I love to share: I enjoy sharing facts about my country and ym life.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I saw a link in my email as an advertisement from Google and clicked it. Here I am one week later 🙂.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I might not look like it, but I'm a very serious foodie 😂.
Level 8

1. Name: Gurmeetsingh Mehtab
  2. Location: India ( Mumbai/Bangalore/Kolhapur)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: being able to do my bit to make life easier for travellers 
  4. I love to share: I love to share reviews of the places I visited along with my comments
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was sharing a review of a place on Google Maps and was prompted to join Local Guides.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to travel to new places by public transport, and make new friends during my journey.
Smile in style and be mobile
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself — March 2017

hey @RBastias glad to know we got another local guide from Vancouver! I'm one of the co-owners for the G+ community for Vancouver.

Come check out the community here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/113884184163116675430

There is a board games meet up tomorrow night, not sure if you can make it but have a look around the community and feel free to introduce yourself to us!!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 7

Let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Charlie (Dr Charlie Mansfield)
  2. Location: Plymouth University, Devon, England
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: The chance to try new ways of mediating spaces and place, and to share discoveries around the planet. 
  4. I love to share: My best pictures and the stories of the places I have researched and visited.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I was contacted to join an online discussion chaired by Google in New York City.
  6. Fun Fact About Me:Exploring Urban SpaceExploring Urban SpaceI am working on a 5-year post-doc project in urban topophonics. The aim is to add sound and voices to walking routes on maps to share the memories and stories of people who know and love those places well.  I call them Way-Tales and in French: récits de voie   ...

Please try my first Way-Tale posting here from March 2017. You'll need your PC and your smart-phone with a QR Scan App https://goo.gl/maps/jCdUZXpS5hm