Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2017

let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Salman
  2. Location: Sri Lanka
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Helping the people of the world see my country through our eyes
  4. How did I hear about Local Guides: When i went to enter local historic point.
  5. Fun Fact About Me: I am tech nerd and extreme introvert.
Level 2

Let me Introduce My self

Hello All

I am Sultana Parveen, Self employed, from ,Dhaka, Bangladesh. I am here to learm more about google map and Local guide to help peoplle.

Level 10

Re: Let me Introduce My self

Welcome to Connect @SultanaP! If you're new to Local Guides, you can learn more about making contributions to Google Maps to earn your badge within Google Maps by visiting the "Getting Started" section for helpful information. If you're interested in earnings badges here on Local Guides Connect, just keep posting interesting content and interacting with others as badges within Connect are tied to your activity in Connect (as well as within other areas of the Local Guides program).

Please read this post for tips on posting and interacting with the community. 🙂

Former Google Contributor

Re: Let me Introduce My self

Thanks @LucioV

@SultanaP I have moved your post to the introduction thread for March 2017.

Level 5

Hi all- I am Will and from the Seattle, Washington area. I contribute mostly business pics to help Google searches for business so far although I would like to start doing more nature ones too. I also contribute for Nexus and Pixel forum team and Project Fi. I have 1275 points with Level 5 and it's fun to help people with this program.

Level 7

Hello!

1. Name: Rijbi
  2. Location: New York
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Hi, this is Rijbi from Kathmandu, Nepal. I believe in simple living and high thinking 🙂 I just enjoy using the local guide. and I hope to get a job with google very soon 😉
  4. I love to share: My travelling pictures. Past few years I have been travelling a lot and want to share my experience to the world.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I use google phone so I was recommended 🙂
  6. Fun Fact About Me: i am good cook 🙂
Level 8

1. Name: Martin
  2. Location: Hamburg/ Germany
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to discover outstanding shops, restaurants, services, etc. and I am happy to share these experiences with the world.
  4. I love to share: We are living in a sharing economy. I love the concepts of Uber, Airbnb so it is a kind of logic to share knowledge (Reviews, photos) too.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: While I was "celebrating" a delicious dinner with lot of garlic and exotic spices, a message from Google popped up and I was asked whether I want to contribute in LG. Since that time I am sure that there is a special sensor in my phone which smelled the meal ...
  6. Fun Fact About Me: As an engineer I like to invent and to improve. The selfmade 360-helmet is just a little step towards high quality images

the real 360 viewthe real 360 view

Level 9

Hi

Jimmy from Singapore, and shuttles between Singapore and Hong Kong/China/Macau.
Uses Google map a lot when traveling and in return, I will add & update as I go (time & data, permitting) to share with other fellow users.

I just hoped that Google has an avenue for us, to check & get answers as to why certain "add missing places" are still pending for so long. Did I miss a step or whats the info provided insufficient etc etc.
Level 8

Thanks @YanniY. I appreciate your initiative to keep the discussion active. My best wishes!!

Good morning All! With regard to the 'public transport' hobby of mine, I recently did something different. I wrote to the CEO of www.redbus.in, suggesting that they help to connect two Google local guides in case they are travelling on the same bus. This would help to increase the discussions, and also add to greater content on google maps. Redbus is the largest tourist bus aggregaters in India and is very user friendly. They are receptive to ideas and so I thought of suggesting this to them.

Google Maps has become one of the most important tools being used today during a journey. I look forward to reaching level four asap. Best wishes to all.  

Smile in style and be mobile
Level 8

Hi @JimmyNg,

Thank you very much for making Maps better for everyone!

I frequently see similar questions posted and got answered at our Mapping Your World board.  Please check it out.