cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Introduce Yourself

1. Nombre: Farid
  2. Localización: Río Grande, Tierra del Fuego, Argentina
  3. ¿Qué es lo que me gusta de ser un guía local: Me gusta mucho el proyecto, fundamentalmente el poder conocer lugares y leer a otros en sus post, es una manera de conocer la manera de pensar de personas que visitamos el mismo lugar, por otro lado esta el tema de las fotos geolocalizadas, que es en primera medida lo que me atrae desde la plataforma de Panoramio, hoy es mucho mas que esas dos cosas, ya que esta tambien la comunidad de las cuales formo parte donde la interrelacion con los demas es masr rica que solo el comentario de un sitio y la foto, los dialogos que se generan en ocaciones , justifica todo este esfuerzo, ya que permite que uno intercambie ideas y experiencias con personas muy diferentes a uno. Y ahora esta nueva herramienta tan interesante y dinámica, esta buena. Ahora somos globales :).
  4. Me encanta compartir: Me encanta compartir fotos, comentarios de sitios, y experiencias, ayudar a otros a encontrar el mejor lugar o indicar correctamente porque tal o cual lugar no es tan bueno. 
  5. ¿Cómo me entero de guías locales:  fue una evolucion de las distintas plataformas que tenía google  primero Panoramio, luego google Maps, despue View y asi sigue la lista hasta llegar a Local Guides. 
  6. Dato curioso Acerca de mí: Me gusta ver series de televición y leer ciencia ficción, tengo un perro llamado Chester y peces de colores, pero lo que mas me gusta es viajar y sacar fotos, estamos aprendiendo permanentemente. 
Level 6

I see that almoust all paste there post in english or their native language)

Hello to all and i will introduce myself in russian.

1. Имя : Никита

2. Алма-ата, Казахстан

3. Что я люблю будучи Местным Экспертом:  В любое время и в любой стране, я могу открыть карты и узнать мнение или отзыв о заведении,месте и посмотреть фото.

4. Я люблю делать делиться: Своим мнением, своими фото...жизнью вокруг!

5. Как я узнал о Местных Экспертах: Я начинал играть в Ingress и получил приглашение принять участие в новом проекте, приянял его и вот я тут)

6. Я в какой то мере киберспортсмен, и в силу обстоятельств бываю в разных местах и странах.

Level 7

1. Name: Leonardo Benveniste (...or simply Leo...or LightUp if you play Ingress)
  2. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love helping people choose a place to go, help them decide if that place is good for them so eveyone can have a good experience everywhere. For example, I had a lot of problems with places that are suposedly good for children but end up being a waste of time and money and I'd hate for that to happen to someone else.
  4. I love to share: Places to eat! I love to eat, I love trying new foods and places so I leave my review and photos everywhere I go.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I've been leaving reviews before the Local Guides program existed so I heard about the launch from an email the Google Maps team sent me or the Google Maps G+ page (Probably both). While writing this I found my welcome mail saying I started as a level 2 and that was on February 2015
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I always loved technology in general and I sometimes play with my 5 year old son and my 3 year old daughter with Google doing voice searches for pictures or fun stuff they like. The funny part is that sometimes when I say "OK" to my son for something he said, he now replies "Ok, Google" and smiles
--------------------------------------
Leonardo Benveniste
Level 5 - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Level 8

1. Name: Paresh
  2. Location: Amlagora, Paschim Medinipur,721121. West Bengal – the sweetest part of India.
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: We are the devotee of Ramakrishna Math & Mission. Which was formatted by universal hero Swami Vivekananda. It is our family tradition. I grew up according to the famous saying of a great ideologist like our respected hero Swami Vivekananda, "Service to humanity is service to divinity."  Through this program is not only to serve humanity, at the same time also Knowledge provider and pleasant.
  4. I love to share:  A famous poet, "We are for all and so for others." Naturally, "I want to share all , What's around me.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Ten years ago, I saw the use of the Internet as well as in our village, block roads, or any feature of Google Maps does not exist. Look forward to a little editing. https://goo.gl/OzAFVQ  After that, it would say? how to one of the Worlds has been tied to Google services?
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I cannot remember the name of the contact number. Every time I was the going wrong. (Thanks, Google Contact for every time helping me.)
Level 9

Introduce Yourself

Hello from the Sunshine State, I am from Tampa, FL. Very happy to be a part of this group. Looking forward to sharing and learning about everyone.

Steve Hodges
Level 10

1. Name: Mahabub Hasan  Nick name Munna
  2. Location: Dhaka (old Dhaka) , Bangladesh 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love share regional information to All over world . and love LG that reason my one map edit help housend people to find out there destination . when i sit in bus and listen someone feel happy to see find there location and this location add by me . i feel really happy and this is inspre me to help people use technology . and LG is the perfect place for me 
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos , food and cultural events with my all friends and all tech related news 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I here this when i work in "Google voice and hand writting input"  project there one NY googler Katie Sander give me information about this community 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love travaling new places. meet new people  and friendship . swimming , haiking , photo and Geo walk, map making  and free Blood group testing  . arrange Tech event 
Mahabub Hasan
Level 7

• Name: Tim Faustini
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the community. I like trying new kinds of food/experiences, and like many Americans, I value authenticity. The LG community helps me find really cool spots, no matter where I go. 
  • I love to share: RAMEN SPOTS. I like to consider my LG specialties to be ramen shops, craft beer pubs, and speakeasies.
  • How did I hear about Local Guides:  I was a member of the City Experts group back in the day.
  • Fun Fact About Me:  I have a twin brother. (Who is also in the program.)
Level 9

Name: Amitesh Gayen

What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love being a local guide because easy to help others and come across with unknown people. 

I love to share: I love to share photos and review correct information

Level 7

• Name: Alejandro Lepe
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: Me gusta dirigir y organizar nuevos eventos para la comunidad. Trato de hacerlos abiertos a la gente siempre invitandolos a unirse a la comunidad y a los guias locales.   
  • I love to share: Me gusta compartir reseñas y fotografias de los lugares que visito. 
  • How did I hear about Local Guides:  Un dia por la tarde vi una nota en un blog referente a los guias locales y decidí inscribirme y participar. 
  • Fun Fact About Me: Algunos dias me voy al trabajo en bicicleta y me encanta encontrarme con amigos. 
Level 5

1. Name: Laura
  2. Location: London, UK
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I especially love the fact I can trust the recommendations from other local guides - they are usually spot on! 
  4. I love to share: I love to share my discoveries of small or less known places... I hope that helps others!
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: From my husband 😉
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I studied Japanese and lived in Japan for a while... and now this knowledge has become my job!