cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - part 2

Hi i am Mike

Cleveland Ohio

I love being a local guide becuase inget to expñore the community around me and help others get a chance to see the best parts of town.

I love being able to help people find a place to explore and do something new. its an awesome feeling to be able to contribute where ever i go to helping others find things to do

Fun fact about me is that i like working on old cars and riding scooters. Honda power

i learned about local guides one day as i was using google maps and i

@CorrieD wrote:

The original "Introduce Yourself" post got really long so we are starting a new one and locking the old one 🙂 Be sure to check the old thread to see who already joined and where they are from. If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community 🙂 Here is who I am:

1. Name: Corrie
  2. Location: New York, USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that no matter where I am in the world, I can open Google Maps and get great recommendations from people who's opinions I trust. I can also meet up with wonderful people who I have met through this truly global program 🙂
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos! Seeing how many views they get and knowing how many people they help (and the businesses too!) makes me want to keep sharing. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I work on the team and helped create it 🙂 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have two dogs, Benny and Joon, who I love to travel around with or just curl up and watch movies with. If youw ant to see lots of pictures of them, you can find them on Instagram with the hashtag #joonandbenny.

Now its your turn 🙂

have been hooked ever since

Level 2

1. Name: Felicia
  2. Location: Sherwood, Arkansas, USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I just started and I'm enjoying sharing my experiences with local business and now I'm on the road on vacation and planning to continue my sharing. 
  4. I love to share: I love to let people know about great places and I love photography though I haven't done it so muich recently, but get ready, more coming. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I got a notice on google maps and decided to answer it.  
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have a 12 year old budding horror writer, a sweetheart of a sheltie and we love to do stuff together.   I studied photography and art in school and I love to take pictures. 

Great to meet everyone and if there are any guides in my area, I'd love to get together and share ideas and stories. 

Level 4

1. Name: Gavin
  2. Location: London, UK
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love checking out new restaurants and places of interest, and generally being helpful to other Google users.
  4. I love to share: Photos of food, helpful advice, guidance on the quality of service. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Various tech blogs when news came out about the rewards program.
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love going to Hip-Hop and Grime concerts, and often use as many contacts as I can to get backstage!
Level 3

1. Name: Ian
  2. Location: Chiang Mai, Thailand (though soon to be moving to Mexico)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I've been working in tourism most of my life - this is just another great extension which makes travelling and sharing experiences easier for everyone.
  4. I love to share: Photos - primarily. They're fun, they tell a story, and they will reach more people, regardless of their language barriers.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Google - I was already leaving reviews, and then Google invited me to join. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have been 'nomadic' for more than half my life. Perhaps 'local guide' doesn't best suit me - 'experienced guide' may be more accurate. 🙂
Level 4

Im adeel fom Pakistan help me plz

Level 8

Hello My Virtual Community Members & Friends

• Name: Pankaj Sarkar
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that I get to help people out by making sure information is correct and giving them pictures on goole maps of things when possibl. I love to share my experices with others by local guide. 
  • I love to share: I love to share photos and review! Seeing how many views they get and knowing how many people they help makes me want to keep sharing. 
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: I heard about it through my phone app and got idea from my firends and internet.
  • Fun Fact About Me: I am 23 Years old and still single !!! 😛 Love traveling all over the world, I like discovering new areas to eat or take photos. I love PC gaming 🙂 and spend time for get tecchnology up to date information on Internet. I also love camping, and I have completed Information and Communation technology course from England, UK. 

Level 2

Hi, my name is Ahmed Hefny. I'm from Sohag, Egypt.

It's amazing to be among you people.

Level 1

Annika:

Los Angeles, CA

Fun Fact: I enjoy going to Catalina Island

WHY I ENJOY MAPS and WHAT NEEDS HELP: I help with some local listings when I find problems time to time. So far when I have found a problem and it gets fixed by a maps editor here, the wrong data will eventually go back up. So I am trying learn more.It is rewarding to thelp people. There are some other things that I am trying to understand as well.

For example: I have documented mapmaker edits where business A unlawfully claims the unclaimed listing for business B.  The process this hijacker used was to find a business that already ranked in the same building, then swap out the NAP using Mapmaker. Then a cross data contamination between two businesses took place. I personally think it is identity theft to claim another business and swap out the phone numbers and emails of the true business. The maps history actually shows this is what happened. Google assumes now they are both the same business when they are not. So when a search gets done the thief gets traffic that belongs to "B" business. B's only mistake was to not know about or claim an unclaimed Google Maps listing. I am wondering to help resolve these types of issues in mapmaker. So I am introducing myself to those ends.

Level 3

1. Name: Hung ( aka Steve)
  2. Location: California, USA 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that other people are reading your reviews and using it to make a decision or staying informed.
  4. I love to share: Photos and information about businesses and restaurants.  I love to travel!
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Google Maps App. 🙂 
  6. Fun Fact About Me:  I love to travel!
Level 1

Glad to meet you.