Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself Here

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community of Local Guides here on Connect 🙂 

1. Name: Corrie
  2. Location: New York, USA (tag your location in the location field below)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that no matter where I am in the world, I can open Google Maps and get great recommendations from people who's opinions I trust. I can also meet up with wonderful people who I have met through this truly global program 🙂
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos! Seeing how many views they get and knowing how many people they help (and the businesses too!) makes me want to keep sharing. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I work on the team and helped create it 🙂 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I have two dogs, Benny and Joon, who I love to travel around with or just curl up and watch movies with. If youw ant to see lots of pictures of them, you can find them on Instagram with the hashtag #joonandbenny.

Now its your turn 🙂 Thanks for the great idea Lukas!

New York, NY, United States
244 comments
Level 8

Hi from Thailand - Sawasdee kab

20160414_121832.jpg

Former Google Contributor

Re: Hi from Thailand - Sawasdee kab

Sawadee kaa 🙂 @PiyapongD

What part of Thailand are you from? I've spent some time in Chang Mai - was even there for Songkran once 🙂

Googler

Re: Introduce Yourself

1. Name: Traci
  2. Location: Brooklyn, New York, USA (tag your location in the location field below)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that I can share my experiences to help people make informed decisions. Time and money are limited, so it's important to be able to quickly assess a place. I also love that I can connect with people anywhere and feel like I'm a local even if I'm visiting a place for the first time. 
  4. I love to share: EVERYTHING I can. I love accurate and helpful information and Local Guides allows me to contribute that in five ways! 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Like @Corrie, I work on the team but I've also been contributing to Google Maps since 2011 when I was a member of the community — just like all of you! 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: In high school, MTV's TRL (Total Request Live) was at the height of its career and I used to go to stand outside or be in the studio audience for the show as I was a huge music fan. 🙂 I'm even on their best of video, haha! Oh, I was also "the friend" on one of their shows, FANatic. 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 10

1.Name: Md Emranul 

2.Location: Chittagong, Bangladesh.

3.What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love being a local guide because easy to help others and come across with unknown people. 

4.I love to share: I love to share photos and try to give actual reviews.

5.How Did I Hear About Local Guides : At first I know about local guides through internet.

Level 8

New Connect User

Hey guys, I just discovered this site!

I'm  level 5 guide in Chicago, looking forward to connecting with everyone 😉

Joe Grotto
Level 9

Hi everybody

Welcome everyone. My name is Edwin. I'm from Panama. I love enjoy this community.

There is no path, path is made by walking.
Level 8

• Name: Joe
  • Location: Illinois, USA (tag your location in the location field below)
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the gamification of the real world concept, and I especially love it when I'm traveling. New and exciting places are so easy to find, and sharing them with friends or strangers has never been easier. 
  • I love to share: Reviews and Photos. #RonSwanson
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: I was in Peru for vacation this April when Google invited me to the program. I had stumbled upon the "My Contribtions" on accident before without realizing what it was.. decided to follow through and really enjoyed doing it!
  • Fun Fact About Me: I am an entrepreneur in the process of creating 3 startups!

Joe Grotto
Level 8

1. Name: JR
  2. Location: Manhattan Beach, California, USA
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: It puts information about the world literally at my fingertips in seconds! Add to that the amazing people I've met through the Local Guide program, and the incredible places I've disovered and have been shown to me. 😄 
  4. I love to share: Reviews and inside tips about places that are near and dear to me.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: One day I stumbled across this crazy sounding event hosted by a group called "City Experts". Intrigued, I signed up and attended it...I was hooked right away!
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I grew up overseas and have spent many years living in Africa, Europe, Australia and North America. 🙂  And a shout out to the Local Guide program - I learned more about NYC in two days than the hundreds of days I'd spent there before being shown around by Local Guide Charlie Shay!!!   

Level 5

Name Sanul

What do I love of being a Local Guide? Well, I love to share amazing experiences of particular place with everyone and I do it by reviewing on Google Maps. Most importantly I want each & every place of my city to be on Maps with accurate information so that it will help thousands of people to decide which hotel to stay! 

How did I hear about Local Guides? I had joined the program at it's early stages and got to know about this program from a Googler.

Fun Fact about me: I love Drawing and painting. You can follow my Google+ collection to see them all. I love technology and gadgets