Corrie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

Re: Introduce Yourself Here - part 2

• Name: Dawn
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love getting to be a part of the same program that helps me to find new adventures as I travel with my husband, or even in our own back yard for weekend adventures. I love being a part of helping others find reliable information and ratings in order to help them along their next adventures as well!
  • I love to share: I love to share experiences! Knowing that I help my community, neighbors and local businesses allows me to give something back in my spare time.
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: I was invited through Maps.
  • Fun Fact About Me: I have 4 rescue dogs and a rescue kitty and still volunteer and foster. Let me help you find your new best friend!

Level 7

Hi 

I am actually from the Maldives. However, I live and work in Singapore. If you want to know anything about the Maldives feel free to contact me. As I live and work in Singapore most of my contributions will be on places in Singapore and Malaysia right now.

Level 4

• Name: Harshad
  • What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love to add new business/places so that will be easy for people who is trying to get direction for specific place.
  • I love to share: A pin point Location, Photoes and details of the place so any user can easily have an idea about the place.
  • How did I hear about Local Guides: Google Map asked to join.
  • Fun Fact About Me: "Always Cricket First" A Crazy Cricket Fan, Moderator on www.crazyengineers.com and Co-Founder at www.energycloud.co.in
Level 8

1. Name: DuckHugh (nickname)
  2. Location: Taichung , TAIWAN
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I just want google map better to use,so i be that.
  4. I love to share: I love edit location more than share.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I am a deep user for google map,so don't ask me how.HAHA~
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am a comic artist,use google map can find a store let me sit and drink to draw somethings.
Level 10

Re: Hello

Level 4

1. Name: Diptesh K
  2. Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra 
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love the fact that this program has given a boost to crowdsourcing information on Google Maps. This not only helps people with some benefits, but also makes the maps more reliable, more information, and improves them to such a standard that we would open Google Maps to find / look at reviews of places for anything. 🙂
  4. I love to share: I love to share reviews and answer questions more so because it will help others decide on a place / location.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: The Next Web, and Verge. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I am a NLP researcher, so nothing fun about me! 😛 
Level 9

1. Name: Tushar Rayate
  2. Location: Pune, India
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: It really doesn't matter where the local guide is, i love to being as local guide as where ever i am..i can use these features from anywhere. and most important i just love to connect with people from different regions 🙂
  4. I love to share: i love to share reviews and photos so i could helps to the community or peoples and they get to know more information about that business
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Through an Google Article 

@CorrieD wrote:

The original "Introduce Yourself" post got really long so we are starting a new one and locking the old one 🙂 Be sure to check the old thread to see who already joined and where they are from. If you're new, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" "Hello world" posts. We will move any we find into here to keep the site organized. 

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community 🙂 Here is who I am:

1. Name: Corrie
    2. Location: New York, USA 
    3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love that no matter where I am in the world, I can open Google Maps and get great recommendations from people who's opinions I trust. I can also meet up with wonderful people who I have met through this truly global program 🙂
    4. I love to share: I love to share photos! Seeing how many views they get and knowing how many people they help (and the businesses too!) makes me want to keep sharing. 
    5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I work on the team and helped create it 🙂 
    6. Fun Fact About Me: I have two dogs, Benny and Joon, who I love to travel around with or just curl up and watch movies with. If youw ant to see lots of pictures of them, you can find them on Instagram with the hashtag #joonandbenny.

Now its your turn 🙂

Level 6

1. Name: Saad Rabbani
  2. Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh.
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love google and google products. Google map is the most powerful helping tool to give direction and instructing a people who want to travel, visit, learn, connect and many more. I am happy to join with Google Local Guide.
  4. I love to share: I love to share high quality photos, road direction, public place and businesses information as I know is correct. I think my small work help anyone. 
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: A friend told me about google map maker then I started adding places and correcting information on google map. While working google map I found a link on "Google Map Maker Forum" then I join to Local Guide program . 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I love to traveling, play with children. I have four nephew and one niece, when I visit them or they visit me I play and fun with them. 
Level 2

1. Name: Imran
  2. Location: Chittagong, Bangladesh. 
  3. How did I hear about Local Guides: not sure!
Level 1

Hello From Sri Lanka

Hi friends in Local Guide!