AngieYC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Introduce Yourself — February 2024

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check previous threads, like January's, to see who recently joined and where they’re from. We’ll merge any “I’m new” and “Hello world” posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

Do you want to be featured in our monthly Introduce Yourself posts? Share your introduction in the comments, following the five prompts below, and a horizontal photo of yourself (in landscape mode). The best introductions will be considered for future Introduce Yourself posts. Please note: Your response may be edited for clarity. By taking part in this challenge, you agree to allow us to share your answers and photo(s) publicly here on Connect.

This month, meet @shahinurime! Shahinur is a Local Guide Level 8, and here’s what he shared.

Caption: A photo of Shahinur Islam smiling while at work at a garment factory in Dhaka, Bangladesh. (Local Guide @shahinurime)Caption: A photo of Shahinur Islam smiling while at work at a garment factory in Dhaka, Bangladesh. (Local Guide @shahinurime)1. Name: Shahinur Islam

2. Location: Maria Union, Bagmara Upazila, Rajshahi, Bangladesh

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: One of my favorite things about being a Local Guide is letting people from all over the world experience my local area. It makes me so happy to add new places, post pictures, and share stories about shops, hospitals, historical sites, and anything else in my area.

4. My favorite thing to explore: I love finding new places in my area and taking pictures of the small businesses in my town or historical sites.

5. Fun fact about me: I'm happy to talk about my volunteer work as a Local Guide, encourage others to join it and add to what they know about their area.

Nice to meet you, Shahinur! Local Guides, don’t miss the chance to say hi to Shahinur in the comments below and share your introduction, too.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Bagmara Upazila, Bangladesh
196 comments
Level 6

Re: How to follow your favorite Connect topics

FB_IMG_1676138878952.jpg

أنا مرشد محلي من المستوى السادس أساعد الزوار على معرفة منطقتي بإجابيتها وسلبيتها وأضيف الأماكن الغير درجة على الخريطة

الإسم محمد 

النسب الركراكي

Level 8

جسر الهندية الثالث

IMG_20231225_133023_1.jpg

جسر الهندية الثالث Alhindya e

IMG_20231225_133005.jpg

افتتح محافظ كربلاء المقدسة المهندس نصيف جاسم الخطابي، الخميس ١٤/١٢/٢٠٢٣جسر الهندية الثالث بعد إنجازه بمدة قياسية ليخدم أهالي القضاء ويساهم في فك الاختناقات المرورية التي يشهدها مركز القضاء.

وقال مراسل موقع كربلاء الأخباري، أن "محافظ كربلاء قد أطلق على جسر الهندية الثالث اسم (جسر فاطمة الزهراء) لكونه سيكون طريقا للزائرين والوافدين إلى مدينة الحسين (ع)، مدينة التضحية والإيثار والإباء).

لا يوجد
Level 6

Inspired to more traveling guy.

Screenshot_20240131_100327_YouTube.jpg

Iam a solo traveler in india in a 100cc bike Ithink 19 state of india. Coverd by bike .my little youtube chenal name. NOMAD RANA

.NAMASTE WELCOME TO 🙏 INDIA

Sunil
Level 7

المملكة العربية السعودية

0b806c34e621fcab668bb44432f0badb.jpg

 احببت الورد في مدينتي، لا تثق في طيبتي كثيراً لانني سيء عندما اعلم انك تستغلني //

تميم القرني
Level 8

Re: Introduce Yourself — February 2024

@AngieYC que maravilloso, @shahinurime felicitaciones por este reconocimiento, comparto mucho tu interés por comentar el voluntariado de ser local guide y sus beneficios al ayudar a otros en Google Maps. Saludos 

Connect Moderator

Well done on the introduction @shahinurime and being featured for February 2024. It's nice to meet you Shahinur and nice to learn more about fellow Local Guides so thank you for sharing. Like you I get a real buzz out of finding and then adding new places on Maps.

Top 100 Local Guides Leaderboards from over 100 different countries!!!
Connect Moderator

Hi @shahinurime 

Nice to meet you and Welcome!

Cheers

Morten 

Connect Moderator

Welcome to LG Connect @shahinurime 🙏

As Bangladesh increasingly becomes known for garment making, it reminds me of the chapter in our schoolbooks almost 40 years back titled 'Dhake Ki Mal Mal' meaning the soft linen from Dhaka. 

I enjoyed reading your posts, especially remembering the Solo boy in Dhaka 👍

Level 10

Welcome @shahinurime and congratulations on being featured.

Liked the way you have introduced yourself about letting people from all over the world experience your local area. One should be proud of it.

Thanks @AngieYC for sharing this featured post.

Indian National FlagThree-time Connect Challenge Winner BadgeAccessibility Challenge BadgeConnect Challenge BadgeTRAC NOVICE Badge

My Map | My Insta | My Post Gallery

Coach I Mentor I Photographer I Traveler