GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Local Guide Pemula

Welcome @ratihsukmaresi. There a lot of Local Guides who live in Jogjakarta. We Indonesia Local Guides will have a national meeting Meet up Nusantara 2018 at Jogjakarta around  10-12 August 2018. You can search here in Local Guide Connect or contact our Connect Moderator @NunungAfuah or @RahmatHarmanP.

Hope you will find more happiness being a Local Guide.

Regards

Budi

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself - February 2018

1. Name: Sheil
    1. Location: Pennsylvania; USA
  2. What I love about being a Local Guide: It's fun to try to be first to pin a place, or earn an invitation to a Google event.  I enjoy seeing the places other guides go and are native of. 
  3. favorite thing to explore:  I like historical and natural places but I tend to post about anywhere I've been, whether its a restaurant or some small business.
  4. Fun Fact about me: I'm a movie buff, but I love working on them more than watching.  I hope to travel somewhere exotic on a film crew.  Who knows where.  Maybe Belize on a diving scene?
Level 5

Name: Ivan

What I love about being a Local Guide: Providing people cites and places reviews. Since I am not being paid for this, I can write without self-censure.

Fun Fact about me: Treating my pet cat as my own child :3

Level 6

Hiy,Neilkelly7 from Liverpool ,I want to know about your world

Level 8

Name: Jay

What I love about being a Local Guide: I was originally part of the Google Map Maker community and I love cartography and the ability I had to contribute to make maps more accurate. I am now a Level 7 Local Guide and I enjoy using my years of experience helping less-than-savvy business owners and friends make better use of Google Maps by updating and expanding their content.

My favorite thing to explore: I love to travel, see new places, and meet new people. However, having gown up and lived in several tourist towns in my life, I hate traveling as a tourist. I prefer to meet, interact, do and eat what the locals do. I try to bring that experience to others as a local guide. 

Fun Fact about me: As a military brat when I was young, I have had the opportunity to live and travel all over the U.S. and the world. It gave me a global perspective and the ability to respect and embrace difference. I strongly believe that everyone in the U.S. should be required to leave the country for 6-12 months between the ages of 15-22 to simply open their eyes to the world. Oh, and I don't wear shoes... 

Lotus Flower in Pak Thong Chai, Thailand

Lotus Flower.jpg

Level 5

1. Name: Rob
  2. Location: Bordeaux, France and San Juan Puerto Rico (I split my time between the two)
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I love helping a great place to get discovered and sharing the off the beaten path type places.  And I love finding a great deal and sharing it. 
  4. I love to share: Post Hurricane Maria, I really want people to know why they should be coming back to Puerto Rico.  There are so many beautiful places and we need the tourists.
  5. Fun Fact About Me: I run a guest house in San Juan Puerto Rico (Coqui del Mar 🙂 and live half the time in Bordeaux.
Level 6

1. Name: Sunbo
  2. Location: Lagos Nigeria
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I help others find there way around new hot place that have ever been to via my  contributions and pictures
  4. My favorite thing to explore: I absolutely love travelling and exploring nature 
  5. Fun Fact about me: happy always & I Love fast cars BMWBMW eventBMW event

Level 6

Hello world!.. This is Marcelo, from Asunción, Paraguay. 

Here to share pics, specially from my home country.. Hope they can help others.

Fun fact: I speak 4 different languages, Spanish, Guarani, English and Chinese Here's a picture of me at Monday Falls (Paraguay)Here's a picture of me at Monday Falls (Paraguay)

Level 5

1. Name: Satria Marcelino
  2. Location: Curup, Bengkulu, Indonesia (Move to another regional anytime)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to share my experience to the world and make people easy to visit the place, whatever the place
  4. My favorite thing to explore: I love travelling, find something new, and learn from experience
  5. Fun Fact about me: I also love music and i like to know the other place's foods and music include their instruments 🙂
Level 6

Dear sir I am Balbir Singh from India Punjab. So far I had earned 6 badges.

@GusMoreira wrote:

Hi everyone!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check past threads, like January's, to see who recently joined and where they’re from (simply search for "Introduce Yourself"). If you're new, please use this thread to post your “I'm new” or “Hello world” posts. We’ll merge any posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

I'll start...

1. Name: Gus
  2. Location: New York City (but originally from Brazil)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love to see the impact that all my contributions can make to everyone who uses Google Maps. Every once in while my friends tell me that they went to a somewhere because they read my review on Google Maps.  It's a really good feeling!
  4. My favorite thing to explore: I absolutely love travelling and my favorite thing is to learn what the locals do. No tourist traps!
  5. Fun Fact about me: I've lived in 4 different countries and have visited over 35. 😃

Me on my recent visit to Hong KongMe on my recent visit to Hong Kong