Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hi everyone! This is me 😃

WhatsApp Image 2018-04-26 at 17.56.37.jpeg

1. Name: Thiago
  2. Location: São Paulo, Brazil.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I think that exchanging experiences is one of the most valuable things in life. I am that kind of person who looks for recommendations about every little thing I am going to do: to go to a new restaurant, to buy something, to travel. Everything! So it's fair to help other people sharing my recommendations about the world 😃
  4. My favorite thing to explore: I like to explore everything. Sometimes we forgot that a good recommendation about a simple place like a regular store could really help someone. But my favorite places are those who are really peaceful or those who are connected to any kind of game.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I am a gaming addict. I play videogames since I was a little kid, I work as a PR for an important videogames publisher and my biggest hobby today is playing board games, also I have a YouTube channel to talk about it: https://www.youtube.com/boardamity
Level 5

13125024_10153713672146028_4973713509962911552_n.jpg

1. Name: Joshua (Level 6 Local Guide)
  2. Location: Norco, CA (A Southern California native)
  3. Occupation: Tech Recruiter and Entrepreneur 
  4. What I love about being a Local Guide: I am a videographer, photographer, and adventurist! I love sharing my experiences of my travels through my creative content. I also rely on other contributors and the community to give me tips on the next location to go to.
  5. My favorite locations to explore: The mountains can be your best bet. Southern California is known for its smog and urban sprawl, but there are a lot of areas to explore that are far removed from civilization. This is how I escape on the weekends. Anywhere with awesome view and close to nature are where I get to 
  6. Connect with me: Dont be shy. I would love to hear from you!
    1. Instagram
    2. Twitter
Level 10

Hi @thidomingues

Warm welcome to Local Guides Connect Community.

• Go through the helpful articles in theHelp Desk. 
    • Interact and communicate freely with other Local Guides
    • Share your discoveries and experiences
    • Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already.

Best Regards 
      Rezgar
Level 10

Hi @JCJSTREET

Warm welcome to Local Guides Connect Community.

• Go through the helpful articles in theHelp Desk. 
    • Interact and communicate freely with other Local Guides
    • Share your discoveries and experiences
    • Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already.

Best Regards 
      Rezgar
Level 6

1. WhatsApp Image 2018-04-30 at 10.02.02.jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-04-30 at 11.02.34.jpeg

Hello Friends!

let me introduce myself: 

1. Name: Hilario 
  2. Location: Águas da Prata, Brazil
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Feeling better to share my good moments or beautiful sight with others.

For me it's a hobby, I like to keep the maps updated. It is very gratifying to know that I have helped someone with the information.

I think the Google Maps tool is fantastic! It is very good to give a positive or negative opinion of a place or establishment, describe well and give my personal opinion and take photos of the places.

In this way people can see and have pleasant moments, thus avoiding bad moments.

The Local Guide helps both the users and the business people to improve the services provided.

Best of all, it helps people improve their decisions.

It's great to know that people from all over the world can see my photos and read my opinions.
  4. I love to share:  I love to share everything.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I became a Local Guides in 2016 .
  6. Fun Fact About Me: travelling & photography 
Level 7

Capture.JPG

1. Name: Katya
  2. Location: work in Manhattan, live in Long Island City, Queens, NY — originally from Saransk and then Nizhny Novgorod, Russia.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I am all about data available and sorted, and I love to have honest opinions of real people on things to do and try, so I like to give my share of such information pool.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I love a variety, borscht yesterday, sushi today, pizza tomorrow. Also, anything smothered in white sauce, be it mayo or sour cream with a drop of soy sauce.
  5. Fun Fact about me: during my second year in the USA I went on a five-week coast-to-coast and border-to-border car journey across the USA. After all, there is so much more to the country than just NYC!
Best regards,
Ekaterina Pugacheva
Connect Moderator

Denise Barlock: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Drone PilotDrone PilotSightseeingSightseeingKayakingKayakingHikerHiker

Name:  Denise
What I love about being a Local Guide:  I have the opportunity to travel the United States full time in a motorhome with my life partner and 2 adorable dogs. I get to see the country from the back roads, the farms, the big cities, the tourist traps, the National Parks, the festivals, etc on a regular basis. I love the opportunity to share this view of the country on a regular basis and hope to help others who are also full time RVers. We work very hard to live like a local every where we go.
My favorite cuisine to explore:  Is local flare a cuisine? 🙂 I love trying to find the local favorites every where we go!
Fun Fact about me: I just love music festivals. I haven't had a chance to go to many festivals since we starting full time RVing, but it will happen. 

Level 5

Hey there!!

Ana copy.jpg

(Coney Island - NY)

1. Name: Ana Maria
  2. Location: Florianópolis - Brazil, I was actually born in Cascavel - Brazil and have lived in other 3 cities in the country and also Orlando, FL; Savannah, GA and New York.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I'm a person who loves to go around and meet new people, learn about new places and cultures. So being a local guide is a way of sharing my experiences, the places I've been to, where I like to go, and also, share my photos! And the best part is to know that this will help other people who are looking for this kind of information. Also, as being part of the LGBT community, I want to be able to help people to go around safe. Everytime I go to a place I search for info on the internet in order to see if it's an LGBT friendly place, cause unfortunately I'm afraid sometimes when I'm going out.  So, that's a goal I have as a local guide, finding a way to put this information out there. I'm pretty sure that talking to other people we can find the best way to do so.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: Well, if you ask my friends they will probably tell you I'm really picky when it comes to food. I can't deny that. But you know, I just love to go to coffee shops and have some bites, enjoy some time with friends in a cozy place.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I've been in love with photography since high school, but ended up studying Design in college. Life is so great that I got a scholarship and had the chance to study one year abroad in a great art college (SCAD - Savannah, GA), and guess what?! I studied photography for a year, and it was the best year of my life. I've met so many great people, I've heard their stories, we shared moments that I'll keep forever in my heart. This experience made me realize how big this world is and how much there is out there to explore and learn and share!

_DSC9981 copy.jpg

(Tybee Island - Savannah)

I'm really looking forward to meet you all in SF this October and hear you stories, share life, get some inspiration and make some great memories!

I'll leave you with a portrait of me that shows how excited I am about this opportunity!

frame 20 copy.jpg

Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself - April 2018

Warm welcome @XanderO I Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@XanderO wrote:

Hello @cristipache @zia_uddin @HaroonRauf @HimanshiS @Malena1

Welcome to Local Guides community, which is called Connect! It's nice to meet you all here.

If you are new on the Community, please read the Local Guides program rules and Local Guides community policyFirst, I'd recommend you to read this topic. It suggests the various ways to have fun and engage as a part of the community. Go through the helpful articles in theHelp Desk. Learn how to make your photo posts even more engaging here. Open the "Please read: Posting in" each board: General Discussion, Travel and AdviceLet's Meet-UpPhotos and DiscoveriesPhotographyMapping Your World , Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. Interact and communicate freely with other Local Guides. Share your discoveries and experiences.

Sure you can find very wonderful people and interesting information here. Don't be shy :), so please feel free to ask questions and engage with the Community.

@HimanshiS beautiful pictures you've got there. I love the paintings.

Warm regards,

Alexander

Level 9

Hi Everyone!

I´m an industrial designer from México. 

I´ve been doing pictures since I was a kid, got my first camera when I was 5. 

I started shooting panoramas about twenty years ago, that eventually led for me becoming a GTP and a Local Guide.

I love sharing pictures of the places I´ve visited, I always hope they will be useful for someone seeking for a recommendation.

I always wanted to be an astronaut.I always wanted to be an astronaut.

Greeting, from the subtropical regions of México

Desde las regiones subtropicales de México