brittym's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hello @PIYUSH_P_P, welcome to the family !

Sri Lankan Local Guides

Level 7

I'm a Level 5 local guide but i joined localguidesconnect.com this month and this seems a great place where we can interact with other local guides.

Name: Waqas Kamran

About Me: I've done Masters and i'm Google Certified Digital Marketer who also have expertise in web and server management. 

What I love about being a Local Guide: It makes me happy when i'm able to help someone, same way if i know something i love sharing it as Local Guide. I love travelling and it helps me share various pictures, information about places, common questions that can help other people like me.

Fact about me: Besides travelling i love taking photographs and learning something new everyday. 

Looking forward: I wish to jump my Local Guide level by helping others, also wish to visit Google HQ someday and attend Live Connect 2018 to meet other Local Guides, share experiences and tips. 

Keep up the Good work everyone !

Level 8

Hi everybody! I took this picture today just for introducing myself to Local Guides.

Foto.PNG

1. Name: Jorge Take**####**a
  2. Location:  São Paulo, Brazil.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Since I do go to different places, cities, and countries, I like to find information about where I'm going. It saves me so much time that I have this need to retribute with information I do have for someone that also might need.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I love to try new flavors. Currently, I'm hooked on barbecue. When a friend goes somewhere abroad I ask for the local popular candy.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I like to know about science, being skeptic, paying attention to what I'm doing.
Level 8

1. Name: Valerii Korietnik

2.Location: Ukraine

3.What do I love about being a Local Guide: Accurate information, informative reviews, high-quality panoramic photos - that's why millions of people (including myself) like Google Local Guides for!

4. I love to share: I love sharing reviews of my like visited places, add new interesting places, and edit places. I like to share panoramic photo 360

5. How did I hear about Local Guides: Once I was browsing panoramic photos on Google Maps. Than I clicked the author's link and found that he's a local guide. So I decided to join the community too

6.Fun Fact About Me: I have been engaged in panoramic photography for almost 9 years. I am the first Ukrainian photographer who took panoramic pictures of lake Synevir and the "Nemo" Dolphinarium in Odessa. My photos have more than 5 000 000 views on the Google maps!

1_DSC_0080.JPG

1_DSC_1420.JPG

1_P70609-094956.jpg

Korietnik
Level 6

10 Reasons why I love being a Local Guide

Hey there,

My name is Prasanna Gadkari, from Pune, India.

... and 10 reasons What I love about being a Local Guide:

1. I love helping people!

2. I'm addicted to Google Maps.

3. I love exploring new places and write reviews.

4. I want others to join me have their share of fun.

5. I am brutally honest about my reviews, and I want everyone to know my experience.

6. I want to help people find places they are looking for.

7. I (probably) know every nook and corner of my city and wish to share this knowledge with others.

8. I jump on to the opportunity to reply to questions related to my surrounding.

9. I am very good at giving directions (at least that's what I've been told 😄 )

10. I religiously contribute to Google Maps everyday, first thing in the morning.

Bonus...

11. I love being part of community, and I hope I learn and share with Local Guides Connect in my coming days 🙂

My favorite cuisine to explore: Right from the burgers of KFC to locally made spicy pani-puri.

Fun Fact about me: I am a User Experience designer by profession and know what makes people happy 🙂

Level 7

LocalGuide-Photo.jpg

Hello Friends!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

To start, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Wahyu Sasongko
  2. Location: Jakarta - Indonesia
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Feeling better to share my good moments or beautiful sight with others. I love when my uploaded photos to Google map has a lot of viewer. It is mean my photo can help people to understand and getting familiar with the location.
  4. I love to share: I love to share photos, my reviews about a location and also rating.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: By email that I received in 2013 with subject about the local guide
  6. Fun Fact About Me: Travelling, photography & online shopping. BTW, you check one of my photos the help more than 1 million people, the one that I posted above this posting. You can check it here and the location is here
Level 6

Hi! I want to introduce myself
  1. Name: Sergii
  2. Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: I like to travel with my family to different cities and countries and I like search information and tips about new places. My wife and I like to make interesting photos without our faces on the front and share our impressions with others 🙂 And my photos and tips now have more then 1 000 000 views! 
  4. I love to share:  I love to share photos and tips.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: from my friend
  6. Fun Fact About Me: After more than one month trip to Spain I returned to my city's airport and understood that I forgot my home address and can't order a taxi 🙂 I used Google maps to find my street name and building number.

I want to give my city's guests the best experience in a short time.
And I share information about where they can taste the character and mood of my city.

I looking for many reviews of local guides and try to bring own contribution to the creation of the detailed and honest reviews. I see how other guides write about the city and famous places and I try to support this approach. Also my contribution is a demonstration that new local guides can also join our movement.

Level 10

Hi there,

My name is Jorge Fantin, and I am from Argentina.   

JorgeFantin-FotoPerfil.png

I started with Google Street View in 2015, as soon as the Trusted Photographers' Program was launched in my country.

Since then, I uploaded a lot of 360s showing beautiful places from my country, including golf courses and ski resorts.   

My goal is to document and upload images from all my country´s golf courses so all of you, golf lovers, can know in advance what you can expect before 

What I love about being a Local Guide:  Being able to help people to learn about the world around them.  

My favorite cuisine to explore: In Argentina you have to eat "asado".  There are plenty of places where you can taste our delicious and tender beef - sorry vegetarians of the world 🙂 .

Fun Fact about me:

I wouldn´t say it is a fun fact, but it is a fact about me:  I am a college professor, specialized in business strategy.  I love teaching and being surrounded by talented and inspired people.   So I split my time 50/50.  Half of it teaching and consulting, and the other half visiting and documenting places.

All the best to all of you!

Jorge 

Level 8

Hello World!At Gregory LakeAt Gregory Lake
Name: Hakam
Location: Maruthamunai, Sri Lanka nearby a beautiful sandy beach Bay of Bengal.
What I love about being a Local Guide: Helping others always enjoyable and gives a great satisfaction to the mind in turn it will help you from others. I like to show my society's unique culture and our landscape to the world and like to help them to travel and see our beaches, lakes paddy fields, lagoons, small islands, forest and our small birds.
My favorite cuisine to explore: Any food closer to nature usually not too modified. Like more veggies and herbals.
Fun Fact about me: I'm a medical doctor from Sri Lanka.
My relationship with the Google map actually started decades ago with Google Earth Desktop software which amazed the world of kids and adults equally. In my free time I contribute to google maps. Especially i liked to see and add the accessibility features in various places which helps people with special needs and differently abled.

I work in a government base hospital as a medical officer Haematology and pathology. In my day to day practice i meet many patients with disabilities due to various diseases especially some Haematological conditions like Haemophilia and othe bleeding disorders making children permanently disabled and need special care and accessibilities in day to day life.

I like to travel a lot and see various cultures and nature. As I was very keen in biodiversity in my school days it drives me to see those places in real. I travel to many local and international destinations with my family.

I like to share my experiences and knowledge about the places I know and I visit, so it can help others before they visit those places.

My personal view is, this world is not only for us but also for the children and adults with special needs and differently abled. That's our responsibility to make them see and enjoy this world equally like us without any barriers. That's how we humans differentiate ourselves from the world of animals by helping our weak ones to achieve more throughout their lives.

Level 5

GodwinJ.jpg

• Name: Godwin
  • What I love about being a Local Guide: I love it outdoors. So being able to provide useful info and guidance about the places I've been comes naturally. And seeing that people actually benefit from tips and other info I provide is both delightful and satisfying. It's a small way to make a big difference in other people's lives as they journey across the globe.
  • My favorite cuisine to explore: I love simmering hot Chinese food. And serving it on hot plate is a plus.
  • Fun Fact about me: I once took a GPS-guided trip to Obudu Mountain Resort.  We followed the GPS route from Lagos through Umuahia, running over 800Km. Somewhere in Cross-river state, we were led to a seasonal river that sometimes dries up and allows people to pass on foot. It turned out that only boats could pass at that time so we had to turn back to a longer route!