cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

Hi @CarlaEustaquio
Welcome to Local Guides Connect.
I invite you to check out the following posts so you can get the most out of your experience here on Connect.

I'll be moving your post to the monthly introduction thread as it is better suited there. Welcome again! 🙂

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 6

1. Name: Dajanae
  2. Location: Kingston, Jamaica
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: helping locals and tourists to get around the island with the most accurate info. It also help me as well when I need to go back to a place I went before and haven't been in awhile.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I love me some KFC and BK but I really really love Chinese food. I need to explore some Mexican food at Chil-eat-otes.
  5. Fun Fact about me🤔🤔🤔 Well I'm adventurous and e love moving around. Almost like a nomad. #LocalGuider
Level 7

Welcome to the community Deejahnaym

Level 6

Thanks 😊 @basurhea

Where are you from?

Level 6

Thank you @MdEmranulHoque i though no one was going to read my post 🤗

Level 10

Welcome @Ollielolol to the local guide community. Here is the link to join the Montreal local guide community for local meetups and help: https://plus.google.com/communities/117498727151299848873 

I hope this helps. 

In community.

I like what Mark Burnett, the creator of Survivor and The Apprentice outlines as his philosophy of business in his book Jump In!: Even If You Don’t Know How to Swim: “Nothing will ever be totally perfect, and nothing can be totally planned. The best you can hope for is to be about half certain of your plan and know that you and the team you’ve assembled are willing to work hard enough to overcome the inevitable problems as they arrive. And arrive they will.”
Level 7

1. Name: Andrei
  2. Location: Craiova, Romania
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Being a local guide is genius starting from its core idea. You can help others and have fun doing it. Moreover, it's a mean of expression. I love to post photos because I took great care of how they look and feel, so others can enjoy them and know more about a place they want to visit.
  4. How it all started? I've found about the Google Local Guide about two years ago and embraced the idea from the start. Some might say I'm a Google fan (which could be true because I took all the photos with my amazing Google Nexus 6P), others might say that I dare to help others. I will just say that I'm passionate and eager to discover.
  5. Fun Fact About Me: I am actually a young independent filmmaker that also love to take photos. Being a Local Guide made me take even more photos and gave me the opportunity to express myself. Not to mention the happiness of almost reaching 500K views on my photo contributions!

13323166_1190967647610396_7972163130851872361_o.jpg

Level 6

1. Name: Jay
  2. LocationStaten Island, NYC, NY — though I’m originally from Guangzhou, China
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Knowing that my edits & pictures help make someone's visit to a city (or their vacation) a better experience.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I really love this specific shop in Flushing, Queens, NYC that serves Hand-Pulled Noodles. Every so often I get a craving for them and trek all the way to Queens for some, sometimes by myself, sometimes I drag friends along. We end up exploring other Chinese food options in the area.
  5. Fun Fact about me: My birthday is 8/8 which the Chinese consider to be a very lucky day (the number 8 is the lucky number).
Level 5

Re: Introduce yourself

I am not sure why my introduction post is getting removed as soon as I post it :(. Can u help plz?

Level 9

I think that's what we all think now that the floodgates are open. Everyone has something to offer to this thread. It's like waving at each across an ocean through a giant set of binoculars. We have to just carry on waving and someone will respond. Like the magical time  you get your first like for a review or a badge, even the updates on how many times your photis have been viewed can be thrilling even intriguing. My biggest ' hits ' have been on Victorias Secrets  front window in White City Westfield in London, my local mall. Also a giant Nike trainer in Foot Locker seemed to fascinate everyone. My son's origami gets around too.

Follow the origami trail across London and you'll know he's just passed through.

Good luck everyone in the hunt for one of the150 golden tickets to California.